 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1448
Re: Millenium and ActivePerl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:15:04 GMT

Haven't heard of anything. Sorry about that. Then again, I run Linux for
a reason- it isn't possible for a program to do that to me.

On the plus side, unless you recompile your kernel, you shouldn't need
Perl for a legOS install anymore.

Luis

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Ciaran Jessup wrote:

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:15:48 GMT
From: Ciaran Jessup <ciaran@redhotant.com>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Millenium and ActivePerl

Its been a while since I've posted in here, but I finally started my
dissertation on Genetic Programming with Lego Mindstorms, and I'm already
(day 1) having problems.

I was ruuuunning Legos on a  Win2K machine with no problems, however when I
installed activePerl on my (new) Windows Millenium machine..it killed it
..even lost my mail settings.

Does anyone know if there are known issues with ActivePerl on millenium or
am I just having a bad day.

I went to their site but could find no mention of problems with millenium,
any help would be gratefully received.

- Ciaran

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word