 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1440
Re: Memory Usage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:59:15 GMT

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Paolo Masetti wrote:

I've further investigated and you can gain some more bytes
compiling kernel (and your programs) with -Os option instead
of -O2 (Makefile.common, COPT define), but we are speaking of
very few bytes.

Note that legos 0.2.4 was never tested with this option, AFAIK.

Ok, thanks. I'll try everything else first, then try this if I get
desperate. The main thing I hit a wall with was when I switched to
floating-point, which increased my .lx filesize by about 2k, so if I go
back to fixed-point, turn sound off in config.h, and watch my stack sizes
in my execi I'll probably be ok. If I do happen to try -Os, I'll certainly
write back and say how it went.

--
"Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
"Say not, 'I have found the path of the soul.' Say rather, 'I have met the