 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1439
Re: Memory Usage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:47:03 GMT

LegOS is already optimized for space. You can save some bytes • changing
config.h to exclude some features, but I think that the best • place for
optimizing is your own program...

Well, I was thinking along the lines of having gcc optimize my • program for
space instead of speed. Of course, I'd be better off if *I* • optimized for
space instead of speed, but it can't hurt to have the compiler • working for
me, if it's possible.

I've further investigated and you can gain some more bytes
compiling kernel (and your programs) with -Os option instead
of -O2 (Makefile.common, COPT define), but we are speaking of
very few bytes.

Note that legos 0.2.4 was never tested with this option, AFAIK.

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
Fett's Law: Never replicate a successful experiment.