 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1400
Re: Blockin LNP calls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:22:21 GMT

My code never reaches "debugging step 2". When I compile and run this, the
data is successfully recieved by the RCX, but the lnp_addressing_write(..)
call never returns .....

Does anyone have any ideas, please? It's driving me mad,

From the statement "data is received by the RCX" I assume you have this
problem on the host system. What OS are you using? Also, how does your
lnp_logical_write() routine look like?

Yes, the problem is on the host PC (running Red Hat 6.2). What I cant figure
out is how identical code works fine if I instantiate the wrapper class
in a simple demo app, but once I try calling it form within my CORBA server,
it blocks on sending the data??

No, I meant lnp_logical_write, which is called from lnp_addressing_write.
lnp_logical_write is not within the file lnp.c, which I guess you link into
your app. This function is supposed to actually write to the serial device
communicating with the RCX. Depending on the serial port initialization
this might block. What code do you use to talk to the serial port?

I'm using OmniOrb 3.0 from AT&T Labs, and all my code is C++, compiled with:
$ g++ -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

The lnp_integrity_write(..) functionality is the same (I'm assuming you meant
'lnp_integrity_write' and not 'lnp_logical_write', is this correct). It too is
failing in the CORBA server.

Eddie C. Dost
ecd@skynet.be