 Robotics / RCX / *4355 (-100)
  Ooooops!

Ingore the message where I wrote that the RCX didn´t start. It started without showing the "4th" on the lcd screen. Does anyone know how to do that? I mean that when you press the "ON - OFF" button it beeps and shows the "4th" or something. Just so (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hi Nitin, (...) Yes, sadly but true. That's why I have to use a battery anyway. (Or an output, but I would save it for other tasks.) (...) I understand. I should have explained what i'm doing with the sharps, sorry. I have a task running, that (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

(...) Hi Sebastian I think you're right in your analysis and TLG may silently have fixed the problem, because if you look at the Vision Command installation, you'll find that some of the SDK DLLs are newer in that release. For fun, I copied the DLLs (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hi Rainer, I do not understand quite your point about timing. Regarding to power sharp takes much more than what your RCX can give ( my measuremants show that RCX gives RMS current of )15 mA only this is not going to drive your sharp at all. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) Hi Nitin, okay, I see. Sorry, but then your circuit isn't interesting for me. I thought about using Sharp GP2D12 with it, but that won't work. First the Sharps have a current consumption of about 33mA up to 50mA max. Second the Sharps need (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

Dear fellow Lego enthusiasts, so far I did not receive any feedback to my problem report, neither from the newsgroup, nor from Lego technical support. Could somebody please try to confirm that I am not completely stupid in my analysis! Regards, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Crash!

Well, acually I wanted to download the pbForth into the RCX because I was reading the book EXTREME MINDSTORMS that you wrote with Dave Baum. In the pbForth chapter I just read trough until I got to the second part. There I needed to test for myself (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: RCX Crash!

Henrik, Don't panic. To make sure that you have actually killed the pbForth firmware, you need to take out the batteries while it's actually running a program. I've had it showing "4th" on the display for over 1 month just on batteries. If it's (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RCX Crash!

I have downloaded the latest version of pbForth and when I downloaded it to the RCX the "4th" appeared on the screen. Later I wanted to go back to the standard RCX 2.0 firmware. I took out the batteries to clear the memory from pbForth, but when I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RCXTools v1.1

There is a new release of RCXDownload and RCXDirectMode at (URL) "install.class" will accomplish the whole installation process. - Tim RELEASENOTES - Made installation easier using a completely modified version of install.java from Andrew Hunt, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hi Rainer What I do is that switch the power to silected sensor only I do it by using FET. since there is not enough power for all sensors. so when you switch to sensor 2 other sensors are kept off. there is enough power for one sensor since my (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) Hi Nitin, if you do NOT need an external battery, how much current (with which voltage) does your multiplexer provide for each active input ? Very interested, Rainer (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  light sensor multiplexer

just now I have finished making of light ( any powered) sensor multiplexer. this sensor does not need any external battery. can multiplex 3 sensor . gives random access to any sensor you can select any sensor by giving ( momenterely changing to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: More than one Source C file

Please ignore this message, Dyanimc objects :) - Ciaran (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  More than one Source C file

Hi, I'm trying to compile together several C++ objects, each of which is contained in a seperate .c file, with a seperate header file, in GCC, I'd just use gcc foo.c fooa.c foob.c -o out.exe ... or whatever, how do I adjust the legos Makefile to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

Watch this: (URL) Gertsen - Denmark (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Code

Chris, there's a CVS repository at SourceForge. Go to the legos page at legos.sourceforge.net. You'll need update access if you want to check anything in, but anyone can check out the latest, greatest source (or any previous version). HTH BTW, I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  About the speed of micro-scout

I want to use Scout to make Micro-scout's motor rotation, I want to know the speed of this motor when I send a VLL(16) or VLL(20), which power level (1-7) of RCX/Scout is similar to micro-scout's speed? Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Code

Is there a legOS code repository where LegOS users share code? (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [tinyvm-discussion] Re: LVI version 1.2.1

Last post, I swear :-) The site is fixed with the links in the download area, it should work now... Sorry for all the OT posts. Andy (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

active X control? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LVI version 1.2.1

Before I get e-mails saying the links are broken, I'll say that I am having problems getting the files to appear on the ftp site. You can get the current sources, but no classes yet. I will try to fix this soon. Andy (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) does the (...) them (...) web (...) when (...) rcx_comms (...) have (...) I've not done latest merge (few lines in firmdl.c), but I've modified the rcx_comms to make it win32-working (100%) inside legOS. I will send ASAP modified firmdl source (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remote Control Internals?

(...) The LEGO remote control sends bytecode D2 (documented in the RCX 2.0 SDK, but also supported in the 1.0 firmware). When multiple buttons are pressed, the appropriate bits are ORed together in the data portion of the packet. The packet gets (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LVI version 1.2.1

There is a new version up at (URL) It includes an auto-typer, more color customizations (and a bunch that don't work ;), and support for loading previously opened files. There is a mailing list on the project page that will be used for announcements (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) I remember when I added support for larger firmware files, there was a merge that took place to get my changes into the LegOS version of firmdl. Probably Cygwin support got lost during this merge. This should be put back into LegOS for sure, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) Hmm. Quad speed downloading in Version 3.1 doesn't seem to work under Cygwin on W2K (though single speed does). It always returns either a 'write: permission denied' of 'bad ir link' error (which one it is seems to be random!) , even if the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: leJOS: anyone building under Cygwin? problem! (very long, not wrapped)

(...) I think that if you are running this under bash (which it sounds like), you need to have only colons in your classpath. I had some of these same problems when I was trying to get TinyVM to run on Cygwin, although I wasn't using ant. Andy (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Remote Control Internals?

(...) Hi Greg, Have you managed to obtain any info on the remote yet? I would like to build my own. Happy hunting, Paul Wilson (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: leJOS: anyone building under Cygwin? problem! (very long, not wrapped)

(...) Twice, even! (...) I think it is. Putting "" around the entire classpath fixed the problem. This works: /prosrm/lejos:lejosc -d D:/dev/prosrm/build/classes -classpath "D:/dev/jdk1.3/j re/lib/rt.jar;C:/tem...arser.jar" D:/dev/prosrm/lejos/src/L (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: leJOS: anyone building under Cygwin? problem! (very long, not wrapped)

(...) [snipped description of garbage characters output from lejosc] I hate to follow up to my own post, but I have some more info. This command line, with one item in the classpath, succeeds (well, it actually launches the compiler on the correct (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  leJOS: anyone building under Cygwin? problem! (very long, not wrapped)

I'm trying to run lejosc under Cygwin, and I'm running into an unusual problem. Background: I am actually attempting to fix up a system so that I can use Jakarta-Ant (URL) to manage the build process. It's a long story, but we use Ant here at work (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) Get the latest version of firmdl and/or the latest version of LegOS. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

I'll try that. I thought it was something or other like this. I'll post when I'm at least partially successful. (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Nick, The TOUCH_x macros are boolean - they return true or false. You should be testing if (TOUCH_2) {....} HTH ROSCO (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Event monitoring

(...) You can generate a message internally with InternalMessage(X); but X must be a constant (can't be a variable). I'm not sure if this will trigger the message event - I haven't tried it myself. If it does trigger an event, you could use the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  cannot download RCX Code

I just got my RIS last week and I've had a problem getting the IR unit to download RCX code to the RCX unit. I can download Firmware all I want and I downloaded RCX Command Center and tried downloading code from it and had no problems there either. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The Voltage of RCX's output

(...) The actual voltage does not change. The perception of different levels of power is achieved by a pulse. At full power there is no pulse, at lower powers, the time between pulses increases. Luis (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Event monitoring

Hi all, I have just switched to NQC 2.3 b1 (from 2.2) to implement the new features of the RCX 2.0. I have used event monitoring to clean up my if/else statements that control outputs. This works fine with all legal event sources, but I use allot of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium. & another question

"Alan Carmack" <amenpage@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:004e01c0a5d6$76...jgb6b01... (...) videos (...) us (...) I use the Windows Movie Maker utility that came with ME, it seems to work OK although there are no format options. I'm looking for (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  The Voltage of RCX's output

Did anyone measure the voltage of RCX/Scout's output for every power level (0-7)? Assume the battery is new in 9v. Zhengrong (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium.

Ok thank you That was a bad CDRom and Lego has exchange it. Everything is working fine Bye Damien Duquennoy <dduquenn@club-internet.fr> a écrit dans le message : G9qv6q.2vn@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: video game type thing...

I just got new batteries for my RCX, so I just did an actual test. I didn't get very far. I don't believe that it is registering the touch sensors. Here's how I had it: if(TOUCH_2 == 1) { do this and that and that; } What's wrong with it? I should (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Or pid_t pid1 = execi... Philippe (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) Shouldn't (...) No, the returned process id is an integer (int) I believe, you just replace it with int pid1 = execi .... for example :) - Ciaran (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

It probably should. But why does it say that "pid1" is undeclared? Shouldn't that be taken care of in tm.h or unistd.h? (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Kernel proposal - message passing and signals

Hi, I have been poking around in the legOS kernel and it appears that there is no formal way to pass messages between tasks - only shared protected resources through semaphores. I intend to modify the kernel to add the features descried below. Note (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) <-- Cut -- > (...) Shouldn't thist say kill(pid1); ? - ciaran (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Hey, wow. did'nt know some of that. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: video game type thing...

I worked on that. I'm having trouble with "execi()" and some stuff related to it. Here's the offending area, but not the entire program: int main(int argc, char **argv) { pid1=execi(&startup, 0, NULL, 1, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE); MYexit = -1; cputs("x"); (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

My advice would be to try and solve the problem using the regular message facilities (SendMessage(), ClearMessage(), Message()). If you have more than 255 values to convey between the RCX's, then you can try chaining multiple messages together (with (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Mechanical responce to light stimuli, involving motor ports from the RCX to controll levers ,switches or other motion components. A series of Send and Recive, & Wait times, allow Comand stacks from the sensor watchers to to activate these devices. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  sending variables betwen rcx's?

to all i am currently working on a robot with 2 rcx due to the number of sensors i have on the robot. my current problem is that i have 2 light sensor which is conected to seperate rcx. one of the rcx with light sensor is calibrated using some (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) No, it will not. Functions don't work like that, in general. If you want to call a function and have it run independently of the calling function, you must use execi() to start it. (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Thanks for the response! Now I'm almost ready to test it. I just need to know if, when you have a call void function, and you then use the int main() to close the program with return 0;, will the void keep running? Here's my current copy, without (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Thanks for the response! Now I'm almost ready to test it. I just need to know if, when you have a call void function, and you then use the int main() to close the program with return 0;, will the void keep running? Thanks Nick Howell (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) I think you mean if (enemy == 1). Also, the identifier "fight" resolves to the address of the fight function. Doing "fight;" is equivalent to doing "1;". It's legal, but it doesn't accomplish anything. You want to do "fight();" and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  video game type thing...

I'm building a video game type thing. It has three touch sensors, for left, right, and fire. The LCD controls where the enemy is. I'm having some problems with my code, so here it is(I'm using kernel 0.2.4): #include "conio.h" #include "dmotor.h" (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New version of NQCEdit

The new version is downloadable from (URL) (later this week also from (URL) ) Thanks to all beta testers, especially Mario Ferrari for his load of input to us. What's New?? Improvements in version 1.1 ---...--- * The user can select if the source (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Robot navigation - barcode stations?

(...) Actually, if you are trying this, be aware that LEDs are typically mounted on a panel that faces the user (more or less) and as such the rounded housing of most LEDs acts as a lens which projects most of the light out toward the user rather (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

hello, Yes, you can program using Lego LOGO, which is the official software that is packaged with the Lego Dacta Control Lab set. Or you can use the more powerful (IMHO) Lego Engineer, a program developed at Tufts which is based on National (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Robot navigation - barcode stations?

Hi, Some time ago, on this or another robotics list, someone was talking about navigation and location sensing techniques for RCX based robots. After some thinking, reading through the literature and messing with some homebrew sensors I have one (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) The limit is in the checksum routine built into the RCX - it only does a sum up to 0xCC00! So you may need to fiddle with firmdl to allow a larger SREC image, but only checksum up to 0xcc00. Hope this helps. Ralph Hempel (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

Hi! I'm using legOS 0.2.4 on Cygwin, and since memory is tight, I thought I'd try statically compiling my program to an .srec file, and using firmdl3 to download it, since I can do without the keys,conio,task, and memory managment stuff. This works (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

Hello, No, the Control Lab is "just" 8 input/output connectors connected direct to a computer via RS232. Lars Gertsen - Denmark (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

I am still not sure waht different between RCX and ControlLab, can I wrtie program and download for it? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  legOS papers?

The kernel documentation by Stig Nielsson references two papers that I have been unable to find by websearch: MK Christiansen, MH Pedersen, and T. Glaesner Solving the priority inversion problem in legos Technical Report, AUC, 2000 L Christensen, ST (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

1. The yellow inputs are for digital sensors (temperature and touch). The blue are for analog (rotation and light). 2. It's an emergency stop. With the original software, it just stops execution. Don't know if it's implemented with the ActiveX thing (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Building instructions for the 3D Simulator robot ?

Hi, Did someone tried to create the building instructions for the 3D Simulator robot located on the official mindstorms site ? I had a reply from lego witch said to me "if they arent on the web site, we don't have them". Christophe (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Guide to Control Lab

"Lars Gertsen" <lars.gertsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:3AA73386.14FEDB...tele.dk... (...) yellow=used for yellow sensors(touch, temperatur), sensors needs no power to work. blue=used for light and angle sensors, these sensors needs power (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Guide to Control Lab

Hello, I have just bought a used Dacta control lab and I use it via an ActiveX that I found on the net. However there are some small details that I would like get cleared out. 1: What is the difference between the yellow and blue input connectors? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: RCX2 info

You will never see a/c socket in the 2.0 brick, because it has been released in Japan. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium. & another question

I have a Dell Pentium III 833 and my copy of Vision Command works fine on Windows ME. But my question about VC is whether one is limited to making 1 minute videos with it. My son and I were making some videos today and the software cut us off at (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: compiling the kernel.

Hi Ciaran, Ciaran Jessup <ciaranjessup@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:G9qF59.46r@lugnet.com... (...) came (...) No, it can't find genlds because it's not using the path - it's only looking in /legos/util/. This seems to indicate you haven't (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium.

Are you saying that it does not work with Millenium? When I wrote a review for VC for Robot Science and Technology magazine, LEGO said they expected it would work with ME. I haven't heard anybody say otherwise. "Damien Duquennoy" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Help me - Vision command with windows millenium.

Hello, A swiss guy mail me to ask for help, but he doesn't speak in english... He wants to use Vision command with Windows Millenium. Does someone try to do so, is there some solution ? Thanks in advance for your help. Damien -- Damien et Nathalie (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX firmware equivalent ?

I am new to the group so apolgies if this is old material. Has anyone posted a schematic of the PCX on the web ? If so where ? I like the MIT brick concept, but would like to be able to use a open system approach to hardware and software. It appears (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX2 info

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 6:09 AM Subject: Re: RCX2 info (...) This question has been answered by Juergen. (...) only (...) Have you seen (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  compiling the kernel.

hi, I'm trying to 'adjust' my kernel so it doesn't have sound support, or rotation sensor support, so I adjusted the config.h file, an went to legos root, make realclean; make .....and it came up with the following error (this is taken from a run (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX2 info

(...) Yes, get it here: (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX2 info

Here are my 2 cents on your questions (...) RCX2 will be a new brick. You won't be able to buy it until the fall of this year. (...) I'm not sure if you can just download the new firmware into an RCX1. From what I've seen the physcial difference (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX2 info

Hi, Can anybody inform me about RCX2? I want to know if: - RCX2 is an new Lego brick (another then RCX1.0)? If Yes, where can I buy it? - It is possible to upgrade RCX1 to RCX2 by loading new firmware? If Yes, where can I download tis firmware and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001 Beta 3 release

Frans, Your story sounds very strange to me, but You should place NQC.exe in a directory like C:\NQC\NQC.exe (No spaces in the path!!) Change the path to NQC.exe by use of the preferences dialog. This must fix the runtime error. I will check the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Simple RCX-PC communication

Ciaran Jessup wrote [snipped]: (...) Thanks for the offer, but after posting my question I decided to have a go at writing my own java solution, and having done so, I also like mine. Looks like all those software reuse lectures I took were wasted on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Hybrid-pneumatic quadruped

Very nicely done. I especially like the use of the differential as a control mechanism with the pump and the valve. -Xanthra47 "JP Brown" <envcons@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:G9nq4K.IuE@lugnet.com... (...) site. (...) is (...) (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

Dear all, I have managed to pin down the problem a bit further. Please look at the following program: program foo { const c10 = 10 main { forever {} } task test { local v2f local v2e local v2d v2f = 1 v2e = 2 v2d = v2e * c10 } } If you download this (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  showing my ignorance of makefiles :)

Hi, once again a stupid problem :) .. I've just moved all my code over from procedural C , to nice object orientated C++ legos code... the problem is... how does one compile in more than one file, at the minute I get around it by including my files (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

Dear all, I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon in my MindScript program which I believe to be a bug, where within a task the assignment of a multiplication of a local variable (containing value 0) and a constant (set to 10) to a second local (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Hybrid-pneumatic quadruped

I recently put a hybrid-pneumatic quadruped (Quad_I) up on the Mindstorms site. It might be of interest to the readers of lugnet.robotics.rcx. The URL is (URL) (all one line, if the lugnet server breaks it up). Or you can, of course, go to (URL) and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: MOC: Tower crane

Hi all I posted this everywhere else, then realised maybe some of you here might be interested. It's not a robot, but uses 2 RCXs running legOS as controllers. It's my first major project using legOS! Regards, ROSCO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: A humble contribution to the community

(...) now I can just go straight to your page! Together with the Windows version by Rossz Vámos-Wentworth at (URL) (I still haven't got around to trying this Rossz), we can install easily on both platforms! (...) Aren't they always 8?) ROSCO (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A humble contribution to the community

Having installed legOS on a couple of machines and always having trouble remembering the most basic of command i have made this page (URL) that i (and whoever else might need some help) can easily do it again. Considered that we might be having some (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Beta testers wanted

Some of you already downloaded NQCEdit, but we have only got two people to report bugs. Thank to Mario Ferrari and Marc Buchner for the suggestions they reported. For futher development we need some input about whats missing, bugs and so on. So if (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:3AA0BF7B.46088E....kun.nl... (...) AD-converter is measuring voltage, but we're not dealing with the AD-converter alone, but with a combination of the AD-converter, the pull up resistor, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

hi Michael, thanks for you reaction. (...) So here I disagree with you , you are correct if you'r saying the inside AD-converter is measuring voltage, but we're not dealing with the AD-converter alone, but with a combination of the AD-converter, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001 Beta 3 release

Hello Ronald, Great that you took up the challenge to provide a successor to RxCC! I have a problem with using the program though. I've downloaded the english version last wednesday and it still gives the runtime error and help problems you describe (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:3AA01C30.6FFBA7....kun.nl... (...) sensor-cirquit, while the RCX sense input is in fact a current sensing input ? What the RCX measures is voltage. It has a 10k pull up to 5V, but it (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

no, but you can consider it as a "blackbox" and measure it's behaviour by Ohm's law. (...) Stef Mientki (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

(...) Do you actually have a schematic of the RCX? Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

Hi, Why is everyone using a voltage driven cirquit when devolping a RCX sensor-cirquit, while the RCX sense input is in fact a current sensing input ? Ok, I admit, until short I also copied the schematic everyone is using. But I now think the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact