 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1751
Re: compiling the kernel.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:10:20 GMT

Hi Ciaran,

Ciaran Jessup <ciaranjessup@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:G9qF59.46r@lugnet.com...
hi, I'm trying to 'adjust' my kernel so it doesn't have sound support, or
rotation sensor support, so I adjusted the
config.h file, an went to legos root, make realclean; make .....and it • came
up with the following error  (this is taken from a run
where I put the config.h back to its original state) :

/legos/util/genlds legOS < legOS.map > legOS.lds
/legos/util/genlds: not found
make[1]: *** [legOS.lds] Error 127
rm legOS.coff legOS.map
make[1]: Leaving directory `/legos/boot'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Now I know genlds is in the path so it should find that, so I can only
assume it cannot find the .map file ???? , umm could anyone explain what's
happening ?

No, it can't find genlds because it's not using the path - it's only looking
in /legos/util/. This seems to indicate you haven't got your LEGOS_ROOT
variable set up properly. This is just a guess - I'm at work with no access
to my legOS environment 8?(

HTH

ROSCO