 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1030
Re: Event monitoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:21:40 GMT

In article <GA7660.514@lugnet.com>, "Jeff Lalo" <jeff_lalo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

I have just switched to NQC 2.3 b1 (from 2.2) to implement the new
features
of the RCX 2.0.  I have used event monitoring to clean up my if/else
statements that control outputs. This works fine with all legal event
sources, but I use allot of virtual sensors and would like to use them as
event sources. The current problem:

I have built a simple differential light sensor that calculates the
difference in software.  I want to use event monitoring with this virtual
sensor.  My current idea is to spoof the value to a counter or message
buffer and then set the events with the spoof as the source.  Does anyone
know how to set the message buffer internally to a variable value using
NQC
and RCX 2.0 firm(without actually receiving a message from the tower)?

Would greatly appreciate help :-)

You can generate a message internally with

InternalMessage(X);

but X must be a constant (can't be a variable).  I'm not sure if this
will trigger the message event - I haven't tried it myself.

If it does trigger an event, you could use the message to trigger the
event but store the calculated value in a global variable somewhere.
That way you'd only need to send constant messages.  You could also use
counters the same way (triggering it just to send a signal to the event
watching task, but read the actual data value from a global).

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com