 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1020
Re: RCX2 info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:09:12 GMT

Here are my 2 cents on your questions

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Ronald Strijbosch writes:
Hi,

Can anybody inform me about RCX2?
I want to know if:
- RCX2 is an new Lego brick (another then RCX1.0)?
If Yes, where can I buy it?

RCX2 will be a new brick.  You won't be able to buy it until the fall of
this year.

- It is possible to upgrade RCX1 to RCX2 by loading new firmware?
If Yes, where can I download tis firmware and what version do I need?

I'm not sure if you can just download the new firmware into an RCX1.  From
what I've seen the physcial difference between an RCX1.0 and RCX2.0 is only
that the RCX1.0 has the AC adapter jack.  The RCX2 resembles the RCX1.5 a
lot in terms of physcial looks.  Why, WHY, WHY did they get rid of the AC
jack!  WHY WHY WHY....