 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 429
Re: RCX Crash!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:34:26 GMT

Well, acually I wanted to download the pbForth into the RCX because I was
reading the book EXTREME MINDSTORMS that you wrote with Dave Baum. In the
pbForth chapter I just read trough until I got to the second part. There I
needed to test for myself in order to understand so I tried to download the
pbForth firmware. Then I changed my mind and wanted the old one back. That´s
how I got into this mess. When I got your message I tried to install a
terminal program on the computer. I took the GUI that was on pbForth´s
website. Now I have downloaded all the scriptfiles (you know, wordlist.txt
etc.) and then I did what you said in the book. I wrote "POWER_INIT
POWER_OFF". Just as the book said the screen went blank, but when I pressed
the "ON-OFF" button it didn´t start. What should I do?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
Henrik,

Don't panic. To make sure that you have actually killed
the pbForth firmware, you need to take out the batteries
while it's actually running a program. I've had it showing
"4th" on the display for over 1 month just on batteries.
If it's running a program, you can be sure it's not in sleep
mode...

The other thing is that the batteries may be weak. You might
try to put in new batteries in the RCX and Tower and see
if that helps....

Cheers, Ralph Hempel