 Robotics / NXT / 566 (-100)
  Re: My first(ish) program

(...) (URL) that I think you need to buy any more LEGO or anything... 8?) ROSCO (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My first(ish) program

(...) LOL... Hand eye coordination is a gift. Although, I'm not doing any better... I had the pleasure of playing Mr. Cowdice's rabbit game last friday, and scored a big fat -2. Dave, Im thinking you need to start scoring on the bell curve. Just saw (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC NXT to NXT communication example

(...) Works like a charm! Thank you Rainer (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  LEGO autopilot

I saw this on Slashdot today: (URL) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC NXT to NXT communication example

(...) The exact same code that Danny B includes in the NXC Tutorial should work fine when translated into NBC. I have not tested this yet but here is a quick conversion: //MASTER #include "NXTDefs.h" #define BT_CONN 1 #define INBOX 1 #define OUTBOX (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC NXT to NXT communication example

Hallo, has anyone a simple example for an BT NXT to NXT communication? I tried to get this working and even everyone says it works i can't get it to work. Thanks, Rainer (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NeXT-A-Sketch - My second program/first Dave-built NXT 'bot(ish...)

(...) You just have to use an acceleration sensor ;-) (URL) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NeXT-A-Sketch - My second program/first Dave-built NXT 'bot(ish...)

First, pics-- (3 URLs) Next, program-- (URL) And what it is... It's an Etch-A-Sketch--NXT Style!!! :) If you need an explanation, really--where was your childhood?? The button--you hit it twice in 2 seconds and it'll erase your drawing 'cause I (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Meet the NXT pin-plotter

Alfonso, Nice stuff! Would you mind providing the URLs to the plotters you've mentioned? I've posted your Plotter site to THE NXT STEP ((URL) and asked for comments on other plotters out there - let's see what people know of... Regards, Matthias (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Meet the NXT pin-plotter

Concept: a plotter which "writes" by making holes, starting from a b/ w bitmap. (URL) was sure not to be the first to build an NXT plotter, but my pride prohibited me to search the net for some NXT plotter to get inspiration before completing mine (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My first(ish) program

(...) I wrote the program but never bothered to get a proper score-- Just tried-- -3 :) Dave K (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: My first(ish) program

(...) I'll post the first hi score... -6 !!! Wo-hoo! oh, wait a minute... rats. Good programming, nice idea. Now, if you have something to fix my reflexes... (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  My first(ish) program

Read the blog (yes Chris, I know it's slow...)-- (URL) made a little video game. I know that others have made on-screen games, so I just went with it. As soon as I saw the 'aim' pic and the 'rabbit' pic, I knew I just had to do this. So with much (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The rarest colour in LEGO - grey on a NXT?

(...) Rasmus - Sorry I haven't been able to work on this some more lately. I had to spend my birthday - a day off work - taking my car back to the dealer. Honestly, if I wanted the windscreen wipers and lights to go off on their own in the car park (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The rarest colour in LEGO - grey on a NXT?

(...) Thanks Jason (...) It is pretty close I think. I fixed some bugs. Now Demo.rxe and "Try Me" loads/runs but terminates early. Actually, it is really fun as one is forced to look inside and understand the LEGO virtual machine. Well, My latest (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Force/Tension feedback

(...) Excellent slides! I went throguh all of them. Thanks. By the way, Victoria and Grace expressed their gratitude for helping bring back OOBER. (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Force/Tension feedback

(...) Simple. Have the motor move until it stalls, or some other situation is reached. First, you need to detect when a motor stalls out: (URL) then if you need to combine it with some other action (like stopping the arm at a known angle if nothing (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Force/Tension feedback

In "Spike", a touch sensor at the end of the stinger provides the logic to stop a motor when it is pressed. How about without a touch sensor? How can the motor/rotation be programmed to provide tension or force feedback? If I tell the motor to move (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ping mode for US Sensor in NXT-G

Nevermind - my error. I was using some of NBC's internal variables/routines because I was going to suggest that John H. add a Ping command and I didn't realize that the variable I was using was later being blown away for another use later. Sorry for (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ping mode for US Sensor in NXT-G

(...) multibyte (...) Yes I am John. But I am doing separate single-byte reads. I base this on the US sensor hardware doc where it indicates 0x02, 0x42 for the closest distance, 0x02, 0x43 for the next, 0x02, 0x44 for the next, etc. This also (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ping mode for US Sensor in NXT-G

(...) You are using firmware version 1.04, right? 1.03 doesn't work well for multibyte reads. JB (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ping mode for US Sensor in NXT-G

Hi Guy, You inspired me to do a ping using NBC, but I have run into trouble. I get a -35 (ERR_COMM_BUS_ERR) when I try to read more than one object reading. The code is long, so I'll just put the basics of what I am doing here to see if anyone (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  LEGO NXT Cable Mod

Hi All, If you haven't purchased the LEGO NXT adapter cable for legacy sensors or outside real world circuit interfacing, then read my latest blog entry (URL). I illustrate a "no" cost way to modifying an existing NXT cable suitable for homebrew (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The rarest colour in LEGO - grey on a NXT?

(...) The firmware's available, as is Rasmus Pedersen's update to compile it under GCC in Linux (or Cygwin on a PC): (URL) with a PDF document on building the toolchain: (URL) of this is hidden - you can find it if you search for it. I couldn't get (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Ping mode for US Sensor in NXT-G

I've written a detailed toturial on working in ping mode in NXT-G using I2C read/I2C write block and the US Sensor block. Read it here: (URL) shows how you can set the sensor to ping mode, read and display all 8 measurements and alternatly ping two (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The rarest colour in LEGO - grey on a NXT?

(...) Until when? This is nice, but I'm curious now about the details. Which FW, for instance? And when can the rest of us join you in the sandbox? (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Performance chart for lithium rechargeables

What can one expect out of the lithium rechargeables? One of my friends, an FLL coach, is reporting that their rechargeables seem to have "memory". Are there technical specs for the rechargeables? (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  The rarest colour in LEGO - grey on a NXT?

It seems some people thought I wasn't serious. A monochrome display is just black or white, isn't it? (2 URLs) And in case you're wondering, I can tell you that the foreground scenery does lazily scroll past the logo, in parallax with the background (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Optimizing NXT-G blocks with implementation VI constants

(...) Excellent. Now if I can just pull myself out of the time-sucking hole of the family laundry (and other stuff) to learn it... Thanks for putting all this up, Guy. (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua: how to download and run?

Hi all, I'm still trying to get pbLua running on my brick. I've installed the LuaEclipse plugin which allows me to write (pb)Lua files in Eclipse with a decent editor support and written some programs. Yet, I still have absolutely no clue how to (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Optimizing NXT-G blocks with implementation VI constants

I've written some explanation on using constants in NXT-G implmentation VIs to optimize program size during compilation. You can read it here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

I'm very glad to know you got it working again. Incidently, the '1.02' I was talking about isn't the version number on NXT-G itself, but on the USB driver it uses. If you haven't updated that, you can still occassionally get locking into 'clicking (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) As I was smiling myself to sleep past midnight, I was thinking of rummaging through my legos to find a part that would work. The antenna would do it. I'd even suggest to the powers that be, to stick one in the Educational set. It would work (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) It would be really cool if the girls could get OOBER back themselves. One way to do it is as follows: 1. Kill OOBER again. Not really, just hit the reset button for more than 10 seconds to force it into SAMBA mode again. 2. Let the girls do (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) Glory, glory! OOBER is alive! It took a couple of tries of the above procedure. It never registered as an Unknown Device. In fact, it never registered at all. Finally it came up as a Lego Device. At that point, I downloaded firmware and Ouala, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT Reset

(...) If you're using Windows, confirm that it is recognized as a USB device by Windows but that the device driver cannot be found. You do this by opening up the Windows "Device Manager" window and looking for an "Unknown Device". Of course before (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: legWay

(...) I can't speak for what actually got implemented. But Robolab's 2.9.2 firmware has almost all of the same features as the RobotC firmware. This includes the capability to customize the sensor scan rate from the default of 3 msec. The scan rate (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) I think my laptop has 1.02. I updated eveything when I needed the compass block. Although, I searched and couldn't confirm the NXT-G version number. Must not have looked hard enough. I've tried resetting another of the Educational NXT's and (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) It sounds like it's stuck in update mode (SAMBA boot mode). By any chance, have you downloaded and installed the 1.02 driver patch from LEGO? (URL) hoping you say you haven't, and installing it fixes this). (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Reset

I've tried to resusitate OOBER several times. I have it plugged into the USB. NXT software is ready to download firmware. Following page 74 of the User Guide. I hit the reset, hold OOBER to my ear and hear it's "heartbeat". Downloading firmware (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  legWay

Steve H. 's legway, needless to say, is very cool. I wonder if I may obtain expertise ideas on the following: . I wonder if anyone has tried this with the regular RCX sensors + Robolab2.9.2 using the Optimizer feature. The Optimizer is supposed to (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Thanks Folks. I'm just finishing up a class for 9 & 10 year olds. When I get home, I'll try resetting and upgrading OOBER. Without the tears and emotions breaking around me, I should be able to isolate the bug. (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Ouch, I understand quite well, actually*. But I agree with John, it sounds like the NXT might be in firmware update mode. If you *haven't* already done it, download the latest firmware (1.04), and a patch for the driver (1.02), from LEGO's (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) It sounds to me like the NXT is simply in firmware download mode. There is no visible reaction on the NXT once it is in that mode but you should hear a faint clicking sound. That's what the reset button does - i.e., it puts the NXT into (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC & NBC/NXC News

The Sourceforge shell service finally came back on line today so I was able to update my web pages again. The official links to beta 27 are up now. I have also uploaded a revision to Danny Benedettelli's fantastic NXC Tutorial (and sample code). And (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Two 6th grade girls at Ladd Acres Elementary in Hillsboro Oregon USA, named the NXT, "OOBER" out of the box. They used a rechargeable until that needed recharging. I replaced their original rechargeable with another one. Today, about 30 (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RICScript

You may not find this terribly interesting, but I have implemented an RIC to Text converter (a decompiler, if you will) which generates source code for an RIC file in a text format. Soon BricxCC will have support for writing and (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

First, let me repeat the request for specifics. I *have* had some reports of indivdual sensors failing (and being replaced by LEGO), as well as the rare motor that seems a little bit to high in internal friction (and, again, at least addressed by (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Hi Fly, I suspect that your NXTs are fine. On the other hand, I suspect your rechargeables are toast; there is a big difference between those two things. An underpowered NXT will behave erratically, and therefore, as the battery looses its (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) You should be able to estimate time-to-failure in the presence of your censored data; people do this all the time in engineering and cancer and many other fields. Steve H seems surprised at the fact that any NXT died and I must say that I am (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) What exactly do you mean by "Dead"? I've never seen any NXTs die. I've been told it's possible to reprogram the flash memory enough to wear it out, but that required someone writing a PC program that did nothing but reprogram the flash, and (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

I have 11 commercial (C) and 25 educational (E) NXT sets. The 11Cs are doing fine after about 4 battery changes. They have been in use since July 2006 for about 60 class hours. I'm sure there's a more empirical way to calculate how much run-time 4 (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC Counters