 Robotics / NXT / 522
521  |  523
Subject:
BricxCC & NBC/NXC News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:37:34 GMT

The Sourceforge shell service finally came back on line today so I was able to
update my web pages again.  The official links to beta 27 are up now.  I have
also uploaded a revision to Danny Benedettelli's fantastic NXC Tutorial (and
sample code).  And I also uploaded sourcecode for the most awesome game you've
ever seen running on the NXT.  Arno van der Vegt has contributed his marvelous
space invaders game, written in NBC.  It's beautiful code and the game is loads
of fun to play.  Check it out.

I have also uploaded a new BricxCC test release with nifty enhancements such as
one that lets you open include files using Ctrl+Enter.  I also expose the
editor's bookmark support via the default right-click popup menu (from the
editor window).  If you turn on the Templates popup menu option in the
Preferences dialog then you will not see the new menu items on the default
editor popup menu.  As always, to use bookmarks you can set them via
Ctrl+Shift+0 through Ctrl+Shift+9 and goto a previously set bookmark via the
same keystroke but not the Shift key (i.e., Ctrl+0).

If you haven't tried some of BricxCC's advanced editor features such as
bookmarks, code templates (executed with Ctrl+J), and the keystroke macro
recorder you've been seriously missing out, by the way. :-)

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/