 Robotics / NXT / 535
Re: NXT Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:07:23 GMT

I'm very glad to know you got it working again. Incidently, the '1.02' I was
talking about isn't the version number on NXT-G itself, but on the USB driver it
uses. If you haven't updated that, you can still occassionally get locking into
'clicking brick syndrome' on the rare NXT that doesn't quite handle it (even
when other NXTs *do* handle it).

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

I think next time, I'll push down on the reset
button with a sharpened axle.

Actually, LEGO makes the ideal reset-button-pusher: long enough, with a rounded
tip to brevent damage, but rounded just enough to self-guide through the plastic
at the bottom to hit the reset button... element 3957, 'Antenna 4H'. They work
great.

I'm thinking up some cute gesture to restore
the girl's trust in technology. I'll make sure
to mention that it took a community to bring
OOBER back.

Well, you could put a small splint on it, or present it in a wheelchair :-).

--
Brian Davis