 Robotics / NXT / 533
Re: NXT Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:53:45 GMT

I'm thinking up some cute gesture to restore the girl's trust in technology.
I'll make sure to mention that it took a community to bring OOBER back.  I'm
certain the girls will be most grateful.

It would be really cool if the girls could get OOBER back themselves.

One way to do it is as follows:

1. Kill OOBER again. Not really, just hit the reset button
    for more than 10 seconds to force it into SAMBA mode again.

2. Let the girls do the reset and reload the firmware. It's
    kind of like a brain transplant. They are filling its
    head with new ideas :-)

One thing to note, do NOT use paper clips or other sharp
objects to push the reset button on the NXT. Instead...

Use a LEGO antenna, like this:

<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2569>

It fits perfectly in the hole, and you can't over press it
and wreck the button. It slips neatly into the indent that
prevents a normal axle from resetting the NXT.

Also, when you press the button, you will feel a little "click"
when the button is actually pressed.

I hope this helps you enjoy the NXT with the classroom!

Cheers, Ralph