 Robotics / NXT / 531
RE: NXT Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 05:31:41 GMT

Is there any other procedure to try?

If you're using Windows, confirm that it is recognized as a USB device
by Windows but that the device driver cannot be found. You do this by
opening up the Windows "Device Manager" window and looking for an
"Unknown Device".

Of course before doing this, remove and reinsert the batteries so that
it does a soft reset.

You also want to do the reset button trick again to refresh its entry
into SAMBA mode. If the flash was corrupted as you got into SAMBA mode,
this could be a problem. To do this, hold the RESET button for 10 to 15
seconds. Shorter than this and it simply does a soft reset. The long
duration will force it to re-perform the SAMBA sequence.

If you find it as an unknown device please post the results of the
"properties" for this unknown device under the "Details" tab and field
named "Device Instance Id". It should begin with "USB\VID_....".