 Robotics / NXT / 602
Re: NXT Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:38:10 GMT

One thing to note, do NOT use paper clips or other sharp
objects to push the reset button on the NXT. Instead...

Use a LEGO antenna, like this:

<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2569>

It fits perfectly in the hole, and you can't over press it
and wreck the button. It slips neatly into the indent that
prevents a normal axle from resetting the NXT.

As I was rummaging through a few boxes of parts, I gathered up all the antenna I
could find. I also tried out other pieces that would work to reset an NXT.  It
seems that anything that fits into a minifig's hands or slip inside a pin or
friction connector that's 3 units long would work.

my favorite at the moment is Darth Vader's light saber
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4095> bar 6.6L with stop
The short end and stop slides into the hole and is self-centering.