 Robotics / NXT / 558
Re: Meet the NXT pin-plotter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:49:19 GMT

Alfonso,

Nice stuff!
Would you mind providing the URLs to the plotters you've mentioned?

I've posted your Plotter site to THE NXT STEP
(http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com) and asked for comments on other
plotters out there - let's see what people know of...

Regards,
   Matthias

Alfonso Martone schrieb:
Concept: a plotter which "writes" by making holes, starting from a b/w
bitmap.

http://www.alfonsomartone.itb.it/ebylwl.html

I was sure not to be the first to build an NXT plotter, but my pride
prohibited me to search the net for some NXT plotter to get inspiration
before completing mine :-)

Ehm... I did no "paper planning" first :-)

Only a minute ago I saw for the first time RRR's plotter (Andreas
Dreier) on 1000steine which uses tires and a chain (I expect to use
tires, but no chains, in my next "release"). His plotter draws lines
moving the sheet (my paper sheet has to be firmly locked), has a
wonderful NXT text editor (currently I must include my bitmap inside the
control program) and stands on a large baseplate (my base is a
rectangle). Result: excellent work, maybe he will be able to reengineer
it to make holes.

Another nice plotter is xeran's one. It seems quite functional (but I
would have called it "earthquake"), but I guess what precision can have
(too high speed of the pen).

K.Johrf's RCX-based plotter. Result: very nice, but it's not a plotter,
it's actually a moving wheeled-bot, and cannot be re-engineered to be
able to make holes. MasterYoda's one has the simplest design but has
very little precision (because of tires). BadBull's similar concept has
same result moving the paper sheet (also using wheels). Inaki's RCX
four-color plotter has the most notable geartrains :-) but, again, moves
around using wheels.

LegoRobotica's one uses the old Dacta interface, but has built its unit
on a small base.

I'm unable to find other Mindstorms plotters around...! Are there other
plotters?

alf