 Robotics / NXT / 489
Re: Bluetooth Comm Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:39:39 GMT

David Wallace wrote:
Dick,

Thanks! I tried it out tonight and got consistent messages from the PC. You
were correct about having to continually do message reads until I get
something. I didn't have to do the wait for a second STAT_COMM_PENDING (32)
or the 200 ms wait. I just had to keep reading until I got a NO_ERR (0) and
then there was always a message received. I printed out the result when I
didn't get a NO_ERR or STAT_COMM_PENDING to see what would show up and, as
expected, I always got STAT_MSG_EMPTY_MAILBOX (64). I would get about 100 of
these before actually receiving each message. Here is the entire program:

Dick and David,

Thanks for posting this conversation here. Even though I'm not
participating directly, I am reading it and as I'm touching up the
Bluetooth support for pbLua right now, this has given me invaluable
insight into how the Bluetooth comms works in the LEGO firmware.

For everyone else reading this stuff, please feel free to post questions
here. It should really be a hub of hacking activity like it
was back in the early days of RCX hacking.

These messages will be archived and they are a great source of
information and history.

Cheers, ralph