 Robotics / NXT / 479
Re: NXC/NBC release news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:07:49 GMT

Hi John!

I think there is not an urgent need for a clear-screen flag in a
bunch of NXT screen functions. That is, my sources are full of
"false," flags :-)

  TextOut(...,true,...);
  TextOut(...,false,...);
  TextOut(...,false,...);
  LineOut(...,false);
  LineOut(...,false);
  RectOut(...,false);
  CircleOut(...,false);

(well, I defined some macros to not to write that "false" dozens of
times) :-)

Also, I don't find any function to clear pixels (no ClearPixel, no
ClearLine, no ClearArea). Currently, in my debugging source, I need
to write a string like "....." before outputting a numerical value
from a sensor (to not to get values like "905" meaning "90" being put
on "105").

Another issue: I am using Mac OS X compiled version. The listing
below does *never* show "1" on the NXT screen (that is, does never
see that the "right/gray" key of the NXT is pressed). If I uncomment
the four lines, I can correctly read "left/gray" key and "enter/
orange" key-pressed status. The bug comes also when I do not use "-
Z2" compiler optimization flag.

#include "NXCDefs.h"

void main()
{
   int n,m,l,r,e;

   ClearScreen();

   for(n=0; n<1000; n++)
   {
     r=ButtonPressed(UI_BUTTON_RIGHT, false);
//  l=ButtonPressed(UI_BUTTON_LEFT,  false);
//  e=ButtonPressed(UI_BUTTON_ENTER, false);

//  NumOut(0, LCD_LINE2, false, l);
//  NumOut(20, LCD_LINE2, false, e);
     NumOut(40, LCD_LINE2, false, r);

     Wait(100);
   }
}

Everything above gives same results with b25 and b26 releases.

Thank you for NXC compiler, excellent work.

--
alf ** Italy