 Robotics / Handy Board / *7844 (-100)
  Re: Handboard exp.

Hi, I believe an earlier post indicated that, since the analog inputs on the expansion board are multiplexed to the analog input 0 on the HB, if you cut the trace on analog port 0, the expansion board analog ports will all be "pull-up (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  GP2D12 on expansion board

Hi all, I am using three GP2D12 on the expansion board. When I connect them (after removing the analogue port 1 resistor and put the GP2D12 on port 24-26) I experience some weird problem. It seems the there is a short-circuit somewhere. I notice (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  short-circuit?

Hi, This past few days, I notice my board uses up the battery very quickly (may be because I use servos). Then I notice that the voltage regulator at U13 heats up very quickly. I was wondering if I short-circuit somewhere. I didn't build the board, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What is a bobbin(sp)?

(...) is it a cylinder (about the size of 2x2) with thin wall sides? (what a lego description!) then, it is an accessory for a sewing machine that holds the thread for the backstitch. older ones are metal; newer ones are plastic. later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What is a bobbin(sp)?

Isn't a bobbin part of a sewing machine? I distinctly remember it being the thing underneath the needle that you needed to load with thread to make the whole thing work. Aha, a look at websters gives me the following definition: 5. (Elec.) A (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RP: GP2D12 on port 28, 29, 30

Hi. Sorry if this is a repost. I don't think I was able to post this message last time. I am thinking about putting three GP2D12 sensors on port 28, 29, 30 (because I am not thinking about using Lego Sensor, and I really like other analogue ports (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RP: What is a bobbin(sp)?

Hi. Sorry if this is a repost. I don't think I was able to post this message last time. This is a silly question: What is a bobbin(sp)? I tried to find its function on-line or in textbooks, but I couldn't find much. A friend gave me a box filled (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RP: GP2D12 on port 28, 29, 30

Hi. Sorry if this is a repost. I don't think I was able to post this message last time. I am thinking about putting three GP2D12 sensors on port 28, 29, 30 (because I am not thinking about using Lego Sensor, and I really like other analogue ports (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  470uF Capacitor (C3)

Just a quick question, how important to the poser supply of the HB is the 470uF axial electrolytic capacitor ?. I made the mistake of getting a 64V version thinking that this would be ok and as it is installed under the LCD the rather large cap that (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  GP2D12 on port 28, 29, 30

Hi, I am thinking about putting three GP2D12 sensors on port 28, 29, 30 (because I am not thinking about using Lego Sensor, and I really like other analogue ports with the 1K pull-up resistors). Has anyone done it? Or is it a bad idea to uses these (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Cabling concerns

I am putting together a somewhat modular robot: The main controller and batteries are to be connected to peripheral motors (and controller) via cable-- around 5 feet distance. I'm looking for a connection cable that has enough pins for my data and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  What is a bobbin(sp)?

This is a silly question: What is a bobbin(sp)? I tried to find its function on-line or in textbooks, but I couldn't find much. A friend gave me a box filled with robot parts, including these things call bobbin. What are they? -- Ray (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  PWM decoding

Has any body used the HB to decode the PWM signals from a radio control receiver ?. I'm not sure if it can be done (I haven't looked that deeply into it yet) but I am construction a six legged walker with the twelve servos being controlled by a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR Sensor Hack

I wrote the following email to Mekatronix regarding the sensor hack to convert Sharp GP1U58X or Y sensors to IR range finder sensors. The pdf documentation currently on their website just shows how to solder onto a trace within the sensor to give an (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handboard exp.

Hi I have a small problem, I want to connect three sharp gp2d12s to the expansion board and I know I cant cut traces 0,1 and the gp2d12s need the pullups removed to operate correctly. How do I use them on the expansion board? Any help would be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB power drain

My board draws .068 amps when idle. MLB (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR (formally 6.8nF cap)

yes, a variance of 1 kHz in the carrier frequency makes no difference at all to these sensors. f. In your message you said: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB power drain

Does anybody know what sort of power drain the HB has when it is not driving any outputs (servos or motors) ?. The reason I ask is that I am thinking of having a rechargable 9v PP3 battery connected as a reserve battery so that when the main battery (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR (formally 6.8nF cap)

So as the 39KHz value would be ok for either the IS1U60 (38KHz) or the hacked sensors (40KHz), will my idea for the hacked IR sensor distance measurement using the IR output circuitry to drive multiple LEDs also be valid ?. Thanks for the help. John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Pins to connect for stacking h bridges

Hello all, I have built a robot before, and sold it, and had stacked H-Bridge chips. I had also fed in an alternate battery source. I want to do this again and can't remember which pin to use for pos battery terminal (pin # please). I am not an (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR (formally 6.8nF cap)

there's not really a big diff in the performance of the ir sensors given 38 or 40 khz. so either is fine, +/- a few khz just doesn't really matter, you have to detune 10 khz or so for it to matter. there is an issue whereby there are two different (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR (formally 6.8nF cap)

I have asked for confirmation as to which frequency (38 or 40 KHz) is correct. As my current components should give me a frequency of 39KHz (1/3.883KOhm*6.6nF) I should be able to use either with out to much problem. I am thinking of using the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IR Transmission/Reception

Can any body confirm what frequency the IR transmission/reception system on the HB should be working at ?. The documentation (HB Manual) states that the HB has a 38KHz system but the Assembly Manual states for testing the transmission circuit you (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: "3D"

[Steve Stevens] spake unto the ether: (...) I believe that IC variables must start with a letter a-z, A-Z, $ or _. Starting with a numeral 0-9 is illegal, yes? *Rich* (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  "3D"

I see the variable "3D" used in several pieces of code. What is it and why can't I get my IC to recognize it? I keep getting a "parse error close to D." message when I try to use it. (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot positioning

William - For my group project, we bought sonar transducers and built circuits for them. Our original recieving circuit is digital rather than analog as we were only going to have one. The circuits we used are on our group's website on our (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 6.8nF Capacitor

I don't suppose you know what the formula is for calculating the value of the frequency ?. 1/(R4*C6) possibly ?. This equation gives 38396Hz (38.4KHz) which means that my 6.6nF caps give 39560Hz (39.6KHz) which is closer to 40KHz than the 6.8nF (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot positioning

Hi Kate, I just want to know how/where to get a sonar transmitter/reciever pair with different frequencies for robot positioning. Can sonar module from Polaroid do that? Thanks, William (...) on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot positioning

If you want to return to "base," all you need is a beacon of some sort. For example, you could use CdS cells (or anything that finds EM in the visible light/low IR range) and a lightbulb (or series of lightbulbs, like a strand of Christms tree (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Melissa Virus

I have found the source and fortunately it is not from a HB site. It was from the Washington and Lee University EE school. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Robot positioning

Hello all, I am currently building a H board/exp board based robot that has (will have) the following sensors: Diffrential drive wheel encoders, hamamatsu sensors combined with the software from the H board site for motor control and distance counts (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Follow-up to Virus

It is amazing what can be recovered off a disk, with the right tools. This is the data on the virus files. The document, final1r....doc, within the zip file 478eti.zip is the culprit. "This file was quarantined.f M The file (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  File Contains Virus

There is a file located on one of the HB sites that contains the Melissa W97 virus. It begins with 478... I am sorry that I can not give you more info as the virus scanning software removed the file, but if you maintain a server with HB files on it, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: four polariod sonars

Hi, I read the design a while back... Don't you just control the multiplexor circuit on the handyboard and then call the sonar routines? All sonar use the same routine, aren't they? -- Ray JULIAN REYES <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handyboard startup problems

Yes, I encounter something similar. Do you use servo on your board? I also have some trouble with the motor ports. I am not sure what causes it. I also have trouble with the motor ports. When I run the motor at 50% power (back or forward), both red (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  H2000 optical position sensor

Hi, I am planning to build a position detector with a H2000 chip. The chip is used in several optical mice, for example the H2000/0006 can be found inside the Microsoft IntelliEye mouse. I sill have difficulties in finding the manufacturer and the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Handboard supplier?

Try Patrick Hui at Robot Store ( (URL) or for info emailto:info@RobotStoreHK.com ) he sells assembled boards at reasonable prices. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial communications HB - PC

Hi! I need to know how implement a serial and asyncronous communication (send and recieve data between my PC and my HB) through the computer conector (not through the spi!), Does somebody know how can i do it or what are the hb serial commands or (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  four polariod sonars

Hi everybody! I´m working in mi mobile robot and for the navigation i want to connect 4 polaroid sonars to my HB, has anybody developed any design? I found in the HB site a multiplexor circuit for connect 4 sonar by adam cox, but i can´t find more (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Memory erased

Jose -- Yes, I think that's normal. -- Will (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Memory erased

Hi, Is it normal that any time I start IC, and the HB sinchronize with it, all the programs in the memory are erased, and there is only the ones the IC download at that moment (the ones in lib_hb.lis) ? If not, what can be the problem? If I use the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handboard supplier?

We are looking for assembled handyboards with the LCD detachable. Pricing and shipping means are requested for F.O.B. our doors in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The units will be used for student projects. Thanks (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Any work on using normal IR readings?

Has anyone done any work on using simple IR sensors as (short) range-finders / proximity detectors? Basically a reflectance sensor, but with a discrete infrared emitter and detector. One of the problems you notice right away when using these is that (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: translation

Loose translation (by Gary Livick, not known for my language skills, or any skills for that matter): Hi. I'm very interested in knowing how one communicates with an hc12 via the serial port. I'd be grateful if someone could send me all the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

hola: estoy muy interesada en saber como puedo comunicarme por el puerto serial a partir del microcontrolador 68hc12 de motorola. les agradeceria se me pueden enviar toda la informacion al respecto. gracias por su atencion. (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Reset on the HB

Could someone tell me where the reset button refered to in documents for the Handy Board is? I know the master reset is the on/off switch. TIA. Steve (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 6.8 nF Capacitor

The 6.6nF was the capacitance measured for the two 6.8nF capacitors that I have managed to get (rated as 10% tolerance). The problem is that the parts listed for the HB are 2% tolerance 6.8nF capacitors which gives a lowest value of 6.6664nF which (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 6.8 nF Capacitor

(...) Yes. Capacitors have typically very loose tolerances anyhow; usually 20% unless you buy specifically selected samples in a tighter tolerance. The 6.8 is a standard value while the 6.6 you have is likely a specially selected non-standard value. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  6.8 nF Capacitor

Can any body tell me if a 6.6nF capacitor will do to replace the 6.8nF in the IR Transmission circuit (Fred?) ?. Thanks in advance. John Hatton (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB to Comms board cable

Is there a 'best' length for the telephone cable between the HB and the Comms board. I am about to start construction and I was wondering if there was a maximum length for the cable and if a particular length was recommended. Thanks for your help. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Connect HP 48GX

Gruezi/ Hi, (...) Instead of using the serial port, how about using the HP4**x IR port? I recall there being HP4**x programs that emulate IR remote controls which should be easy to modify (?) for general-purpose communications. Marco A. Assfalk de (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard startup problems

Hi all, I'm having some problems with me previously functioning handyboard. I'm using a standard board which has worked fine for nearly a year. Recently it didn't get any use for awhile and the batteries ran down. After charging them for 18+ hours I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 6.8nF Capacitor

(...) Not knowing what parts the HB uses, but assuming it is something like a polystyrene cap, then I think I have some in my component drawer. Send me your address, and I'll stick a couple in the post. Best Wishes (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: VECTOR 2X

This is my routine to use the Vector 2x with my board (see link below my name) with an I/O expansion board connected. You will need to change the I/O port #defines to work with the Handy Board I/O ports on your expansion board, but other than that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: VECTOR 2X

Hi Robert, It has been over a year since I have had the vector 2x connected to my board but if you follow the instructions that Tom Brusehaver posted in contributed software everything should work ok. You will have to connect to one of the motor (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  VECTOR 2X

Hi all, I am currently fabricating my new HBoard based robot and have only gotten to the design stages. I have ordered a Vector 2x but haven't recieved it yet. I am not particularly well endowed with electronics or assembly language skills (very (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB Batteries

I am going to use individual AA cell batteries to power the HB mounted into two 4 cell holders. My question is this, if I use NiMh cells (1300mAh) rather than NiCd cells (800 - 900 mAh) how would this effect the HB ?. My current understanding is (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  6.8nF Capacitor

I have found that Maplins have only stopped stocking the 5% tolerance caps, they still do 10% versions. How critical is the capacitors value ?. I could probably try testing a batch of them in the shop using a multimeter but I couldn't guarentee how (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  6.8nF Capacitor

I have got all the parts for building my HB except for a 6.8 nF 2% capacitor (component C6). Maplin Electronics have stop doing it and I am not sure where to try next. I am in the UK, does any body know if I can change the resistors in the infrared (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp GP2D12-Sensor under sunlight?

I have three GP2D12s running on a Handyboard and they seem to run quite well in sunlight. In overcast or indirect light (shade) their performance seems identical to indoor light. In bright sunlight there seems to be a possible shortening of the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sharp GP2D12-Sensor under sunlight?

Hi, I am working on a robot with the HandyBoard. I am thinking about using the Sharp GP2D12-Sensor because the other IR reflective sensors I use won't work under sunlight. I read the spec. sheet of GP2D02 and GP2D05, both of them mention that they (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Motors spinning at startup

I also tried all sorts of capacitors, etc. in an attempt at solving this problem. While the capacitors helped to minimize the length of time before the motors calmed down, there was always a short period of motor craziness that never went away. I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motors spinning at startup

I have been having the same motors spinning on powerup "problem" with my Handyboard. I tried various capacitor combinations on my modified servo motors to no effect. Fred M. finally provided the answer: (...) In short, there is nothing wrong with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar and overflow

Hi I think that the longest distance your able to measure is about 2.7m. The counter is 16 bit long and has no sign. But the integer is has a sign, so you can only use 15 bits, which is 32768. The counter increases each 0.5ns (pink book). Sound (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  sonar and overflow

Greetings all, Has anyone managed to work out some code which checks the overflow bit for the counter used in the polaroid sonar code? At the moment mine distance readings seem to be maxing out around 1.5m or so, and I'm not sure if it's the timer (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Unable to go into bootstrap

This problem is very common. Probably, your board is fine. Check this page on the Handyboard site to start off with : (URL) you have no luck with that, then try fooling with your port settings. Switch from xon-xoff to none, etc. Somewhere in there (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Unable to go into bootstrap

I have recently obtain a handyboard kit. This is my first board. After connecting the Ni-Cad batteries and adapter, I proceeded to download therequired .s19 file using HBDL. It was unsuccessful. The LCD screen displayed one line of brightly lighted (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  minor update to new random.c

Field testing in a real class is the best way to get bugs out of code :-) My summer robotics class discovered a couple of "misfeatures" in my new random.c pseudo-random number generator library: (1) the rndrangei(), rndrangel(), and rnd() functions (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sound Start for Handyboard

(...) There's a circuit at the Seattle Robotics Society website, under the encoder. Sounds like it might be what you're looking for. -Jim Munro <jimmn@xnet.com> (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sound Start for Handyboard

I need to build a circuit that will listen for a 3.5kHz tone and then activate a program on the Handyboard. I have seen a few different circuits in various books but none seem tailored to my specific needs. Does anyone out there have a good electret (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Data Acquisition

Hi. I am interested in using a handy board for data acquisition from a small engine dynomometer and as a data logger in a 1/4 scale race car. I want to read 3 rpm readings, one from the spark plug, one from the engine clutch bell and one from the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Dificulties downloading to partially assembled board

The "fast" processors are legendary for having problems with loading IC pcode and libraries. Probably, your board is fine. Have you looked at the page on the HB website having to do with com problems? It's at (URL) is a good place to start. If you (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Dificulties downloading to partially assembled board

I am at the point in construction where it asks you to test serial communications to the board before proceeding with memory installation. I hesitate to continue until I am comfortable with the workings of my board. When trying to establish comms, I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  **Deleting files?**

Hi , I was wondering if there is a way to delete all user input files from the Hb without typing," UNLOAD FILE NAME".? Also is there a way to make the HB execute a command while downloading a program, without causing the Hb to stop loading my (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB for sale

I am seeling my HB, it was only used for my senior project. Total time of use would be about two weeks. One modification was made to the board which was a differant switch was put on to it to turn it ON and OFF. If you are inteested please e-mail me (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB site down, use alternate

hi all, we are working through a hardware crash of the primary HB web site server machine. for now, please use instead: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LCD Memory Map

I am just checking that I have got the LCD operation right so I apologise to anybody who is already clear on this. On the LCD module the Register select and Read/Write pins are connected to the A9 and A8 lines of the HB and the DB0-DB7 pins are (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handyboard Site

Hey all, Feel free to check out this handboard site, it's used along side a course taught at the University of Alberta. Feel free to write me back with any criticism (URL) Verret B.Sc. Electrical Engineering M.Sc. Electrical Engineering 2002 (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  new version of Rich Drushel's random.c libarary for IC

I have created a new and better version of my random.c IC library for pseudo-random number generation. The old version had an algorithm that I cooked up myself, and while it was fun to program, and fun to get working in a multitasking environment (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB Memory map

Device Location Notes ===...=== 6811 internal $0000-$00ff Built-in RAM (A1 chip) $0000-$01ff (E1 chip) ---...--- 6811 control $1000-$103f Built-in registers ---...--- Expansion I/O $4000-$4fff Memory reads in this range enable the Y1 latch selector, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Motors spinning at startup

The problem is the same with LEGO-gear-motors. Even worse, the post says "... put a wire to the can ..." but how can you do this with a plastic device? Any help appreciated. Dirk (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Motors spinning at startup

Hi all, I have a problem with the motors connected to my handyboard. When I first turn on the HB, the motors will spin randomly. This happens about every 2-3 times I switch on. I know this problem has come up before on the list, but the post I found (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Proposition

HEALTH: A NEW NATURAL HELP To the product Manager The customers demand for natural products is increasing steadily, and Aromatherapy is becoming an important part of the pharmacopoeia. The Aromagica line of products is the outstanding result of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB Memory map

This probably sounds like a pretty lame question but I am trying to make use of the unused areas in the lower 32K of the memory map of the HB but I can't seem to find the memory map in the documentation that I have available (the HB pdf manual, IC (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  circuitboards for Handyboard

Hi. Are the circuitboards for the Handyboard available somewhere in Europe? Regards/Mvh. John Jensen (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Motor Masks***

Hi , does anyone know if there are specific moter masks already defined for the HB? Or can I just initialize them anywhere there is free memory? Thanks -Mike (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: fast computer problems

Still no luck! any other ideas ??? - what baud rate is the port meant to be set at? 9600? Thanks again Ross -----Original Message----- From: Gary Livick [mailto:glivick@pacbell.net] Sent: 05 June 2000 08:25 To: The Glashans Cc: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  SCI, IC and interrupts

Hi I need to communicate with my handy board using the serial port using the Interrupt for SCI. I tried to test several programs that I found, without success. My basic test is the following. 1.- I created and .asm file which is a copy of the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: fast computer problems

What works on my computer is to go into the port settings, set XON-XOFF, and then enable the FIFO buffer and turn the speeds all the way up. I have a Toshiba laptop, so hopefully your settings will be the same. If I do it any other way under WIN98, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  fast computer problems

Hi all I jsut got a new win 98 machine, and tried to move IC across to the new machine. I came up against the problem I'm sure everyone with a new PC must have encoutereded with win 98, where IC wont communicate. From DOS IC works perfectly and HBDL (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Did I fry my Polaroid unit?

Today, I started trying to use my Polariod Sonar unit pulled from a Polaroid OneStep Sun 660 Camera. I didn't get the hang of it the first time. I desoldered the connector and put on wires. Then I plugged it in backwards. Oops. The chips started (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Where to find program examples?

Hi I recently purchased a Hb, does anyone know where I can find examples for programming it? Also is the IC code for the rug Warrior the same as the IC for the HB? Thanks -Mike (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Ic question

As far as I know, the infinite loop construct is the way to do it. However, you can have multiple processes, each waiting on a sensor, each running in an infinite loop, each using the defer() function to allow switching between processes when (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sharp GP2D12 & Sony IR Receiver

Is there SOMEONE that can run SHARP GP2D12 analog sensor when using IR RECEIVER? I couldn't achieve that. The sensor can give satisfactory results it is used without alone. I can also get data of a sony remote controller from the ir receiver when (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Ic question

I have been playing around with my handy in command line for a little while now. It seems like the only way I can get it to start doing something when a sensor is activated is to have it in an infinite loop waiting for that sensor to be pressed. For (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Got my Handy, now what?

(...) The The Handy Board Technical Reference has encoder information for you. The ones I use are the QRB1114, and they are just two or three dollars each. The Reference shows you how to wire them. See (URL) encoders mentioned provide an analog (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Got my Handy, now what?

I ordered my Handy Board today, and am going to install it in an ice cream bucket named "BucketBot." (Better name? Please?) Well I know that I'll be hooking up my GP2D12 to it, and a sonar module (Polaroid 6500 hacked out of a Polaroid Sun 660 One (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: XC68HC11F1B4 Pin assignments

in article 393601FD.1DF@hemo.net, Zele at 4n7ax@hemo.net wrote on 5/31/00 11:26 PM: (...) I found the documentation for the MC68HC11F1 series on the Motorola web site at this URL: (URL) documentation is in an 848k PDF file: (URL) picture you're (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  XC68HC11F1B4 Pin assignments

Hello, I have few XC68HC11F1B4 in 64-pins plastic SDIP, but can not find any data about pin assignments for this chip. Can somebody to help me with it ? Please e-mail to: 4n7ax@hemo.net Z. Ristic (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  XC68HC11F1B4 Pin assignments

Hello, I have few XC68HC11F1B4 in 64-pins plastic SDIP, but can not find any data about pin assignments for this chip. Can somebody to help me with it ? Please e-mail to: 4n7ax@hemo.net Z. Ristic (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact