 Robotics / Handy Board / 7916
7915  |  7917
Subject:
HB Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:45:49 GMT

I am going to use individual AA cell batteries to power the HB mounted
into two 4 cell holders. My question is this, if I use NiMh cells
(1300mAh) rather than NiCd cells (800 - 900 mAh) how would this effect
the HB ?. My current understanding is that the charging of the cells
would take longer but as I am intending of periodically charging the
cells away from the board using a NiMh specific charger (I know that
this will lose the programs in the RAM) this is not too much of a
concern. I just wanted to make sure I had my understanding correct. Also
If I replace the 8 rechargable cells with 7 standard batteries, what
sort of extra modifications should I make (would a diode be enough to
prevent damage via the recharge circuit).

Thanks.

John Hatton