 Robotics / Handy Board / 7886
RE: fast computer problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:35:20 GMT

Still no luck!

any other ideas ??? - what baud rate is the port meant to be set at? 9600?

Thanks again
Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Livick [mailto:glivick@pacbell.net]
Sent: 05 June 2000 08:25
To: The Glashans
Cc: lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: fast computer problems

What works on my computer is to go into the port settings, set XON-XOFF, and
then enable the FIFO buffer and turn the speeds all the way up.  I have a
Toshiba laptop, so hopefully your settings will be the same.  If I do it any
other way under WIN98, I can't communicate.

Good luck,

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

The Glashans wrote:

Hi all

I jsut got a new win 98 machine, and tried to move IC across to the new
machine. I came up against the problem I'm sure everyone with a new PC • must
have encoutereded with win 98, where IC wont communicate.
From DOS IC works perfectly and HBDL also downloads the P-Code without • any
problems. Ive gone through the debug page on the hb website to no avail. • Ive
seen messages here before, but couldnt find any in my mailbox, so please, • if
anyone fixed this problem could they email me.

Thanks in advance
Ross