 Robotics / Handy Board / 7884
Re: fast computer problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:25:04 GMT

What works on my computer is to go into the port settings, set XON-XOFF, and
then enable the FIFO buffer and turn the speeds all the way up.  I have a
Toshiba laptop, so hopefully your settings will be the same.  If I do it any
other way under WIN98, I can't communicate.

Good luck,

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

The Glashans wrote:

Hi all

I jsut got a new win 98 machine, and tried to move IC across to the new
machine. I came up against the problem I'm sure everyone with a new PC must
have encoutereded with win 98, where IC wont communicate.
From DOS IC works perfectly and HBDL also downloads the P-Code without any
problems. Ive gone through the debug page on the hb website to no avail. Ive
seen messages here before, but couldnt find any in my mailbox, so please, if
anyone fixed this problem could they email me.

Thanks in advance
Ross