 Robotics / Handy Board / 7885
7884  |  7886
Subject:
SCI, IC and interrupts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:57:48 GMT

Hi

I need to communicate with my handy board using the serial port using
the Interrupt for SCI. I tried to test several programs that I found,
without success. My basic test is the following.

1.- I created and .asm file which is a copy of the "sysibeep.asm"
example of the "interrupt-driven binary Programs" chapter of the IC
manual, but instead of TOC4INT, I coded SCIINT. I created the
corresponding .icb file.

2.- In my IC test program I poked the addess 0x102d to the value 0x2c
to enable SCI interrupts, and after that I coded and infinite loop.
I loaded this file and run.

In this situation, I started a vt emulation on my computer and send a
lot of characters (ie: holding a key down), the expected result should be
a low frequency sound of more or less 600 Hz (9600/(8*2)), that I get
is... that when the first character is sent, the handyBoard heart stops,
and I have o reset.

what is wrong?, there is any conflict between the SCI interrup and the
others that IC uses?

:-)

Miguel