 Robotics / Handy Board / 7902
7901  |  7903
Subject:
Data Acquisition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:30:52 GMT

Hi.  I am interested in using a handy board for data acquisition from a small
engine dynomometer and as a data logger in a 1/4 scale race car.  I want to
read 3 rpm readings, one from the spark plug, one from the engine clutch bell
and one from the load (mph reading when in datalogger mode).  Two of these
would be magnetic pick-up and the other from RF signal from plug wire.  I want
to measure 2 temp readings, one exhaust gas the other head temp with
thermistors.

A motor control will be used to apply throttle and return to idle in dyno
mode.  I would like for the entire cycle to occur in 12 seconds so as not to
stress the engines for too long.  Another signal will be from a strain gauge
to measure torque.  All this data is to be stored and downloaded to a PC after
each run.  Acquisition rate would be around 12 samples per second in dyno mode
and about 5 minutes in data logger mode.  Now for my problem.

I no little or nothing about programming.  Does anyone know if this has been
done before (sure it has) and where I can obtain some code?  Is there anyone
out there who may be interested in helping me with this project?  Any help
would be appreciated.

If you are interested in this idea, visit my website to see how this will be
used in my Quarter Scale race car section.

http://members.visi.net/~stevens

You may also email me at stevens@visi.net

Steve Stevens