 Robotics / Handy Board / 7882
7881  |  7883
Subject:
Did I fry my Polaroid unit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 06:11:56 GMT

Today, I started trying to use my Polariod Sonar unit pulled from
a Polaroid OneStep Sun 660 Camera. I didn't get the hang of it
the first time. I desoldered the connector and put on wires. Then
I plugged it in backwards. Oops. The chips started heating up....
I pulled it and put it in the right way. After a bit of confusion
about the pinouts, I got it going... The only thing is that it makes
one chirp upon the Init signal going high, then refuses to make
any more regardless of where the Init signal goes. (BTW - I'm
frobbing the lines by hand, does this make any difference?)
Got zapped by it twice... ow.... Well now the transformer in pos.
T1 is heating up a LOT. Is this supposed to do this? Did I fry it?
No other components seem to be affected. Is there any way to
replace it (part number? order place?)? Is this permenant?

Also, my crappy bench supply only gives 1.8 amps at 5 volts.
Is this enough for the module (says it needs 2 amps)?

Please give me any suggestions!

Please help!

Thanks,
Daniel Weatherford