 Robotics / Handy Board / 7879
7878  |  7880
Subject:
Sharp GP2D12 & Sony IR Receiver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:28:10 GMT

    Is there SOMEONE that can run SHARP GP2D12 analog sensor when using IR
RECEIVER? I couldn't achieve that. The sensor can give satisfactory
results it is used without alone. I can also get data of a sony remote
controller from the ir receiver when the sensor is not connected to the
sensor. But when I tried to get data from the sony, we could not get the true
data from the ir receiver. It gives a random number at first (e.g. 202 instead
of 196, for the remote controller input) ; then it gives 0 for all the inputs
from the controller. The sensor works fine at this moment, its outputs are not
different from when it is used alone. But the problem of ir receiver rises
when the sensor is connected to its port, and this makes the sensor suspicious.
    Connector line of analog port 0 is cut (as it is explained in the mails of
this newsgroup) and there is no problem in the output of it (eg. for 20-10cm,
the  outputs are 125-70).
    I am using sony-ir.icb library, and it works fine when we use it without
the sensor. Could it be related with this library file? I have heard about
REC80-TX.ICB library file, did ANYONE this library to run the ir receiver when
oparating the GP2D12?
    If SOMEONE HAS ANY IDEA about this problem, I am waiting for your reply
(positive or negative).
THANKS....