 Robotics / Handy Board / 7947
Re: Robot positioning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:32:39 GMT

William -

For my group project, we bought sonar transducers and built circuits for
them. Our original recieving circuit is digital rather than analog as we
were only going to have one. The circuits we used are on our group's website
on our chronology page(http://www.mil.ufl.edu/~librarian/chron.html#sonar).
My partners are going to be putting up the circuits we're now using (we
switched from a one sonar transmitter and one reciever to six transmitters
and two recievers) after they finish working out the bugs.

I want to say that the guy we ordered with bought the transducers from
bought them from either a local hobby store, Electronics Goldmine, or All
Electronics. They're about $1.50 new, but if you can find them at surplus
places, they are usually cheaper (Orlando's Skycraft store comes to mind,
where they were about $0.50).

I don't know anything about the Polaroid modules, but I helped my partners
wire up the circuits, and they're not hard to do and the chips and other
parts easy to get ahold of. But, if the Polaroid modules can be set or
bought at to transmit at different frequencies, and the recievers recieve
analog values and only one of those frequencies, I would think they would
work.

I'm not an electronics person, really, I'm the mechanical person on the
team, so it's definitely possible that I'm wrong about the Polaroids.

-Kate
-------
Katherine Rasing
Machine Intelligence Laboratory, University of Florida
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University
Department of Mathematics, Iowa State University