 Robotics / Handy Board / 7940
7939  |  7941
Subject:
File Contains Virus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:05:13 GMT

There is a file located on one of the HB sites that contains the Melissa W97
virus.  It begins with 478...  I am sorry that I can not give you more info as
the virus scanning software removed the file, but if you maintain a server
with HB files on it, you may want to check.  I was at several University sites
including MIT and some othe commercial ones as well.  This is not a hoax.  I
work for the Department of the Navy and sent email with the virus all over the
world yesterday.  Needless to say there are some unhappy people around today.

This virus goes into your email address book and mails itself to others.  In
my case the first five address happen to be GLOBAL Commands around the world.

Please check your sites.  I am going to try to retrace my steps as soon as I
finish the paper work.  Maybe in this lifetime.

Regards,

Steve Stevens