 Robotics / Handy Board / 7907
Re: Unable to go into bootstrap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:33:09 GMT

This problem is very common.  Probably, your board is fine.  Check this page on
the Handyboard site to start off with :
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/faq/winindex.html

If you have no luck with that, then try fooling with your port settings.  Switch
from xon-xoff to none, etc.

Somewhere in there is your answer.

Good luck,

Gary Livick

tiny HC11 board for your projects
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Raymond Tan wrote:

I have recently obtain a handyboard kit.
This is my first board.
After connecting the Ni-Cad batteries and adapter, I proceeded to download
therequired .s19 file using HBDL.
It was unsuccessful.

The LCD screen displayed one line of brightly lighted squares.
I checked the LCD +5V supply, it was alright. What could be wrong?

I suspect that my battery connection may have some problems, how should I
check if my batterie are sound could they be shorted. tested one of the ,
voltage was okay but the current reads 6A. Is my multimeter not working?
I am using the recommended 1.2V 600mA bettaries

The RED LEDs for the motor O/P also lightes up when I tried to go into
bootstrap. The Red and Green LEDs no lightup for 1/3 sec and go off during the
process.

I would really appreciate any help/guidence

Thanks in advance,
Raymond