 Robotics / Handy Board / 7913
Re: Sharp GP2D12-Sensor under sunlight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 07:15:49 GMT

I have three GP2D12s running on a Handyboard and they seem to run quite well in
sunlight.  In overcast or indirect light (shade) their performance seems
identical to indoor light.  In bright sunlight there seems to be a possible
shortening of the range but I haven't recalibrated them outdoors to see how much
the response curve changes.

What is your application for them?
MLB

.In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Ray Tang writes:
Hi,
   I am working on a robot with the HandyBoard.  I am thinking about using
the Sharp GP2D12-Sensor because the other IR reflective sensors I use won't
work under sunlight.  I read the spec. sheet of GP2D02 and GP2D05, both of
them mention that they work well under sunlight.  But GP2D12 and GP2D15
spec. sheet didn't mention such feature.  I was wondering if anyone have
used the GP2D12 under sunlight?  How well does it work?
   What other cheap sensors would anyone suggest if I need the robot
running under sunlight?

--

                                                           Ray