 People / 632
Re: Where did you lot spring from?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 21:12:58 GMT

[trimmed .general, added .people]
Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
Bram Lambrecht wrote:
1) well, actually, English is my fourth language, but I've spoken it
since I was five, so it's the one I know best.  In the meantime,
I've managed to retain some of my Dutch, relearn my Spanish, and
forget my German...

What's language #1?  I've been trying to figure out where "Lambrecht"
comes from;

I was born in Belgium to two Belgian parents.  Then, in Argentina, I
learned to speak Dutch and Spanish at the same time (probably a
bastardization of both).  At age 2.5, I moved to Germany, where I spoke
German at school, but refused to speak anything but Dutch at home.  After
moving to the US, I spoke German with the landlord, but in the process of
learning English, I gave up on the German.
I relearned Spanish in high school.  All along, I've kept most of my
Dutch--I can read it and speak it for the most part, and I can understand
it fine, but I  can't write because I don't know any of the grammar or
spelling.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht................BramL@JUNO.com
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/