 Local / Australia / 543
Re: Where did you lot spring from?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 22:45:44 GMT

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
there's almost 300 million USians, ~250 million of
whom are fluent speakers of English (however one defines
that in the US, can you tell I've been grading student
papers again?).

LOL!  Ever noticed, even on LUGNET, that many of the non-native speakers
of English use better grammer than quite a few Americans?  Every now and
then, some obscure idiom slips in, but otherwise, I must commend you
ESLers on your proficiency[1]!
--Bram

1) well, actually, English is my fourth language, but I've spoken it
since I was five, so it's the one I know best.  In the meantime, I've
managed to retain some of my Dutch, relearn my Spanish, and forget my
German...

Bram Lambrecht................BramL@JUNO.com
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/