 Local / Australia / 519
Re: Where did you lot spring from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 05:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
<shnipped> On top of that, the best sort of sale we can hope for here is
25% off (the recent 50% off SW at Target was a major aberration as far as I
could tell).

--dave L

Actually, it was a keying mistake by Targets head office...All the adds, and
the posters in the stores said either it was excluding LEGO, or that it was
star wars toys from HASBRO, and 1 other manufacturer only....We were
extremely lucky [BTW, who-ever bribed the person who does pricing to make
that mistake....Can you do it again please :) ]

There was also the sale a couple of weeks ago where all Lego was 25% off, and
SW, Ninja, Insectoids, Fright Nights were all 50% off. Maybe they saw the
massive surge in spending because of the mistake and thought, "Let's try it
again"?

--daveL