 Local / Australia / 582
Re: Pax Americana (was Re: Where did you lot spring from?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 00:35:03 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter White writes:

Heh.  The Lone Star franchise seems to exist everywhere *except* the
Lone Star State (Texas, USA).  So yes, your having Lone Star
restaurants in Sydney is exactly analogous to our having Outback
Steakhouses in Houston.  Ugh.

Susan, maybe we should swap ;^)

Maybe it's just a giant mistake?

One myth that's true though is that Cadbury's chocolate is better
than Hershey's (and I can speak from a tasting experience). <GD&R>

Mmmm, Cadbury's!  And say, doesn't the Violet Crumble (yum!) come from
.au?  ... sure does, check out <URL:http://www.violetcrumble.com/>,
which is not the official site but instead some enterprising person
from California who ships it within the USA.  I can't find an official
site for Hoadley's; is there one?

Must be Cadbury's higher sugar content. Before travelling to the US,
I wondered what the fuss was about Hershey's (I still do).
Cadbury's now have a range of icecreams that mimic their chocolate bar range !

Cadburys is higher in sugar? I always find NA chocolate too sweet - weird!
Anyway - what is the difference between a 'Violet Crumble' and a Cadburys
'Crunchie'? As far as I can tell they look the same ;-)

Also - I tried <http://www.cadburys.co.uk/> which now is top of my list of
horridly evilly smelling annoying corperate sites. Urgh!

Richard

I think that the best chocolate in the world is those guylian sea shells.