 Local / Australia / 480
Re: Where did you lot spring from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 12:15:52 GMT

Hey I'm liking this attitude very much :)

12V trains could've taken lego far, they can still if they just apply the same
sort of fancy stuff to the 9v stuff...

Welcome to Loc.au :)

Of course, 12V trains were thought out quite thoroughly and then discontinued. • I
haven't had much interest in many of the themes, yes I've got space, castle • and
pirate sets but only because they were in collections I bought for the town • and
train sets. I'd say that a lot of thought went into all the themes up to about
1993, then some idiot in Denmark must have put an economist in charge of the
design team. When this obviously failed they came up with the bright idea that
they didn't have to keep coming up with original design concepts, just buy the
rights to someone elses and vola, poo lego, disney lego, fairy lego and • starwars
lego and then they put that poor old economist on the job of designing a new
train set and vola!! the black and yellow joke followed by the blue
misery.

Oo Roo

Mark H.

pete.w