 People / 3038
Re: Lugnet's tailspin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:08:32 GMT

You are right Chris a higher membership fee would probably help Lugnet in
someway. And I would be more than happy to pay. The enjoyment i get from
LUGNET is definately worth it..

However some of our members are still teenagers and they might not be able
to afford the extra $$$ , and to lose them as members because of money would
be sad..

Another thing that just popped into my head was Fund-Raising Auctions for
LUGNET.
If we could get donations of LEGO sets or pieces we could either auction the
sets off or part them out and auction the parts off. All funds raised could
be donated to LUGNET to help with administration etc.
I would be happy to donate LEGO and/or help run the auctions etc.

What do you think??

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.people, Jason King writes:

You are right Leadership is the answer but I can't see where that • leadership
will come from, LUGNET has grown to a point that looking after it would • be a
full time job...

So maybe it's time for us to ante up.  I wonder how many of the ~1500 • members
would stick around at $25 per year?

Everyone (myself included) should remember this web page:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/finance/donations/

Chris

(How do I find the amount of my membership fee that I still owe?)