 People / 3024
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:01:49 GMT

"Spydèr" <spyders_(obscure)web_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GsqDCr.21G@lugnet.com...
Geezzzzzzz.
Where do I begin?

You so completely misconstrued my point that I dumbfounded at the amount • of
reiteration I'll have to clarify.

Hey Spider, I think you missed the point...

First-off its 'Spydèr' not Spider. o.k. Bem Nedinets.    ;)
And secondly, I don't think I'm the one missing the pointz.

Then why not use your real name?

Tim wasn't "just another user"...

That's a biased personal statement, for it dozn't matter if y'all
were special-terrific-friends, or like me, you had no clue who we was.
It's all relative to the individual.lotsa people didn't know or care about
who he waz.       But this is Not the point!

he had passion

(I'm trying to control my *laughter* now.)
Passion?  'passion-smashion,' we all enjoy the hobby and partake in our
individual wayz. He's no more special than you or I.

Its your attitude

My attitude. you'd better rethink your statement.
All I did was question the logistics towards highlighting a hiatus-post.
If you wanna have a discuss about the sad-state-of-affairs then talk • directly
about it. But just don't make some kid a martyr for your cause. And imply • that
we're falling apart cause the community iz breaking-down. And look at how • we
are now starting to loose people.  COME_ON, he left cause he's got his own
personal issues.

Try spending any time reading off.topic.debate

[ ... lots of snippage .... ]

This response had some reasonable points but I find the use of "z" in words
like "is", "was", "doesn't", "points", (iz, waz, dozn't, pointz) etc. so
distracting that it detracts from the actual content of the response.

Help me understand why using a "z" instead of the proper spelling in words
is a good thing?  It isn't cute, it doesn't save typing or bandthwidth - I
see it and say to myself "huh?" - what's with the "z" in "is"?

While you may have points that merit discussion, serving them up this way
causes me (I may be alone on this but I doubt it) to dismiss your
contribution as it is annoying (the text, not the content) to read.  So I
don't read it, I move on to the next article which means that if you had
something useful to say, I missed it.

Mike

http://www.ncltc.cc - North Carolina LEGO Trainc Club
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders