 People / 3010
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:18:46 GMT

In lugnet.people, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Tim wasn't "just another user"... he had passion not only for making the
Lego Community a better place, but also LUGNET.

Definitely. Spyder has nothing to back those words up with, and Tim was a
great guy who was only trying to better Lugnet. A word of advice to Spyder.
Please think before you post. You'd be amazed what some people do before
thinking, and some of the worst decisions are madethat way.
Its your attitude and others like you that made Tim want to leave in the
first place.

You're right there. Lugnet has had quite a few issues these days, hasn't it,
and guess what? A lot of these issues came from newer users who either
didn't follow the TOS or don't care.
Try spending any time reading off.topic.debate....and you'll see that
Tim DID NOT take the "easy way out".

Off-topic.debate is the worst place on Lugnet to argue, and there's quite
the argumentative people there. Definiteely the place I always try to avoid.
There's no easy way out of an argument there, trust me on that one!
There were some issues that I didn't exactly see Tim "Eye-to-Eye" on, but I
think your thoughts on this issue are both callous and baseless.

Hmm...Benjamin Medinets' advice is right on the mark. Make sure if you say
something, back it up with modest examples. I've made mistakes before too,
and I've learned my lesson on those. Now, let's get back to a clean discussion.

Respectfully,

<<_Matt Hein_>>