 People / 3034
3033  |  3035
Subject:
LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:49:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

note: I happened to pick this post of the thread to respond to, for no
better reason than it just came up on my ticker.

As for some people calling this 'a tailspin', well, even if I were to agree
(which I don't), you'd better keep in mind that this site will crash only
over my DEAD BODY.

I love LUGNET.

so there.

In lugnet.people, Jason King writes:
Hi Frank,

It's funny you know, last night before I even read your post, I was
thinking that the problems began around the time Todd stopped be
involved in LUGNET...

Todd's dip in enthusiasm, which he and I like to put at Feb 2001, has of
course affected the inner and outer workings of the site. I can write more
on that subject later if it'd help.

You are right Leadership is the answer but I can't see where that
leadership will come from, LUGNET has grown to a point that looking
after it would be a full time job...

Leadership is certainly an important issue, and it's on my mind every day
now. I agree that it's in need of improvement and I've thought long and hard
about how best to move forward. I've also talked to people in the community
and am still reading as many posts as I can. I've recently studied other
groups' admins' horror stories and their advice too. So, please hang tight
because things are going to get better!

It'll take more than just myself to show good group leadership. Soon, I'm
going to post an outline of how a "citizen" can contribute positively in
different situations. I may designate a few seasoned veterans of our
community to give more extensive guidance, when it's needed most. But I MUST
be sure that we're all on the same page as to "the way it oughta be."
Things will be much worse than they are right now if we aren't in synch.

Please remember that LUGNET, as a community, has prided itself with
exceptional  health over the years. Even more so when compared to other
online groups. I'm very aware of reasons why. Todd and I studied that topic
hard to get things off on the right foot. Now, LUGNET needs to shed a layer
of skin to grow. It's a delicate (and largely unpredictable) process,
particularly when the desire is to keep our original chemistry. I know this,
and I hope you'll keep it in mind too.

Good morale is everyone's responsibility.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin