 People / 2996
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:12:23 GMT

Tim, although i don't know you that well i will be sorry to see you go. I do
see how much you do for the Lego community, and I see your passion  for the
Brick... Please reconsider you decision :-)))

I have also seen how many people get caught up in the less than great
aspects of LUGNET, I try to avoid the arguments, I have decided not to read
off-topic debate at all because I don't come to LUGNET to read about all
those things.
I come to read about LEGO ... So please everyone take your arguments to
email or off-topic.debate so we don't all have to read it. If you have a
problem with an individual or their actions, email them, don't bring it up
on a public forum which is simply for discussing LEGO ...

Some might say that I am putting my head in the sand .... Well so be it,
LUGNET is my little escape from Reality as it were. I would like to keep it
that way..

The most worrying aspect of all this is the fact that if more and more
active members turn their back on LUGNET, LUGNET might cease to exist, and
that would be a great shame...

Thanks for reading, and three cheers for a friendly and more understanding
LUGNET....

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
Hi everyone -
I just thought I'd post to say that I am leaving LUGNET for a while.  I • never
understood why people leave this place to take breathers until this week, • but
believe me when I say I need a BIG one.

The problems, the garbage here is just too great to deal with and keep a • cool
head.  This place needs help.

I'll still be around, of course, plugging away like I have for years on • various
projects and ideas.  I'll keep working away at the LDraw site, and the • NILTC,
the new train club I'm a part of, will grow.  But I don't need to bog • myself
down with the garbage here.

I'm always available at tim@zacktron.com.  Please email me if you feel • like it,
either just to chat, or for LDraw developments.  I'll push forward with th • e
formal org and the tutorials and everything like usual.

And its really a shame, cause I do have a lot of friends here.  I do not • know
when I'll be back.

-Tim