 People / 3009
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:07:20 GMT

In lugnet.people, Rico Lovelace writes:
Interesting how you presume to talk on his behalf…

And all the others who posted…

Anyway…

I said:
He said he’d be back…
Anyway, like it matterz

You said:
It does to some of us who have been here for a while.

That's all well and good. For you can e-mail him as much
as you want, you can leave as many happy-goodbye
messages in the .peoples section as you wish, and you
could even still acquire his home phone #number#.
But why Highlight the message to the Announce section???

The fact is that some people wanted to announce his
departure/hiatus for whatever reason. And I believe this
is inappropriate! Cause people come and go all the time,
therefore its unnecessary to simply highlight one individual
in a general community…no matter how swell you think he iz.

it is a warning to all of us that LUGNET is changing

Duh, welcome to reality…everything changes…     ;)

So don’t try to hide behind the ‘ol  -Lugnet iz fallin’ apart- rhetoric.
If you truly want to discuss the issues at hand then you’ll write a
formal letter to the community. And not take the ‘easy way out’
and highlight something in the hopes that everyone will understand
your point.

Hey Spider, I think you missed the point...

yes people do come and go all the time, BUT...

Tim wasn't "just another user"... he had passion not only for making the
Lego Community a better place, but also LUGNET.

Its your attitude and others like you that made Tim want to leave in the
first place.

Try spending any time reading off.topic.debate....and you'll see that
Tim DID NOT take the "easy way out".

There were some issues that I didn't exactly see Tim "Eye-to-Eye" on, but I
think your thoughts on this issue are both callous and baseless.

Benjamin Medinets