 People / 3054
3053  |  3055
Subject:
how much is enough?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:18:07 GMT

I really doubt 1500*$25 ($37500) would be enough?

well,
first of all, some of that $ would go to server costs.

but you could pay a number of 'volunteers' the equiv
of part-time pay above and beyond their day-jobs.

1) you get better results from the 'employee'
(or they get fired)

2) you get more availability since you aren't
relying on 1 person, but a rotating group.

3) you can stretch the $ farther between individuals.
Most part-time costs don't match the cost of a full
timer @ the same rate.

4) you can more readily manage attrition.  if one of
your 'group' leaves, everyone can double up until u
get a new part-timer.

-paul