 People / 3005
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:13:59 GMT

IMO, the problem is that people seem to think the noise is more
important than the content.  To me, the content on LUGNET is the MOCs
and the related building discussion.  Noise is people bickering about
why they can't get along...which leads to posts like Tim's.  I agree
with Rico...the noise really shouldn't get highlighted.  I think there's
a real problem when Tim's post gets 8 spotlights, and an awesome MOC has
a hard time getting 4. • Definitely. What is happening to Lugnet anyway?
I think people should take a moment to look at what they think LUGNET is
about, and then try to stick to that ideal in their own actions.
Just my .02,
Hmm...The community should really think about this. What exactly Is Lugnet
and why was it instated? I'll tell you. Lugnet is the medium for Lego fans
like you and me to discuss matters reflecting Lego and our creations/ ideas.
However, some people think Lugnet is just another site where politics (about
lugnet) and noise (arguments) can be made. I think it's time we get back to
the core values Lugnet originally had and discuss LEGO. I don't think
discussions about politics are exactly off-topic or irrevelant to Lugnet, I
just think these should be taken off-topic and out of the mainstream of
Lugnet. If someone has a problem with this, take it elsewhere, and away from
Lugnet, so I can enjoy peace of mind.

(I realize that *this* post isn't what I think LUGNET should be
about...maybe I should unsubscribe from everything but .build...)
Bram Lambrecht
IMO
We can't delve in the past, but we can find a way to fix our situation.
First, we have to find a way to do this, and a means of fixing this problem,
so that future Lugnet members won't have to deal with it. I understand that
arguments and differences won't be completely eradicated, but at least, when
the problem is solved the community will be back to its former self.
(this is my opinion, and if you have a problem with it, just email me.)
By the way, I'm not an AFOL, for those of you who wonder, I'm only 17.
<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112
Pyrokid17@hotmail.com