 People / 1517
Re: Hobbies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:30:22 GMT

In lugnet.people, Matt Brooks writes:

What are some of your hobbies? Outside of Lego?

I've had a boatload of interests over the years but currently:

1. Lego

2. Desktop publishing/web design. this started after I got my first
laser printer (HP IIIP) about 10 years ago and realized that there was
a reason for ATM other than pretty screen fonts. Nowadays I
concentrate on Photoshop but I really need to learn Illustrator.

3. Computers/electronics, gadgets. Mostly computers, stereo
equiptment and old LED calculators. The older the better, I have
a particular interest in HP calculators (not the pathetic new ones
but the ultra-cool old ones), 70's Marantz reveivers or any European
stereo equiptment (B&O and Linn, esp.) or old computers (I really
need an Olivetti Programma). My latest project is designing an
interface for my Philips Pronto remote.

4. Furniture design. everything from period Sheraton to Heywood
Wakefield.

5. Board Games. Again, the older the better. I am partial to old
3M, AH and Parker Brothers games from the 60's-70's

5. Garage sales/Flea Markets/Thrift Stores. Where I find all of the
stuff for the 1st 5 categories. Since Its out of season for Garage sales
and Flea Markets I have been hitting the Goodwill pretty hard lately
and have had great success with Lego

--Jim