 People / 1512
Re: Hobbies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.people, Craig Roberts writes:
My ex wife did not like lego, reckon it was time for me to grow up, but now
i have a nice girlfriend who rings me up and says guess what i found, yeah

Craig, you and Muffin head (and Dean!) are lucky; however, you
misunderstand. My g/f is not some mean ogre who dislikes my hobbies. On the
contrary, she also will call me up if she finds LEGO (or videogames) on sale
somewhere. I can go to VLC meetings (and stay as long as I want) -- if I'm
on my own because she's busy. I guess it's one thing to find someone who
understands and accepts your hobbies (she does!) and another to find someone
who shares them (she actually does, just not all hobbies to the same extent.
She even likes looking at people's MOC's; just not for 2 hours like I do).

My previous g/f also shared a lot of hobbies with me (and still is a Lego
nut, yes) so naturally we're still friends. My g/f can put up with THAT. So
I am hardly going to complain about her not wanting to go to meetings with me =p

I'm pretty lucky. The 3 of you (and other Lugnetters, like Shiri) just
happen to be a touch luckier in that respect ;)

Mark W.