 People / 1481
Re: Hobbies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:45:59 GMT

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:47:21 GMT, Matt Brooks <mbrooks@sonic.net>
wrote:
snip
So, I pose a question:

What are some of your hobbies? Outside of Lego?

snip
So, let's hear it! What are your hobbies??

Matt

I've been wondering the same thing.  some of mine,  in no real order:

1.   K'nex

2.   Automotive/Heavy Truck repair.  The only collection I have that
outdoes my Lego is my tool collection.  Of course I can justify a tool
purchase easily, it's how I earn my living :)

3.  Digital photography... I'm not heavily into this as in thousands
of dollars of equipment, but I really enjoy the flexibility it offers
me over film prints.  I use a Toshiba PDR-M4 camera and a HP 722c
printer, looking to get an HP 9xx series later this year for better
prints.  My main subjects are my 2 nieces, 6 and 8 months old.

4.  Computers/Internet.  It seems like I'm always upgrading this or
that.  I got cable modem service a week ago thinking I would spend
less time online and have more time for other stuff.  I'm spending the
same amount of time online but just doing a lot more <g>

5.  TV.  I watch a lot of TV, but I rarely just sit down and watch it
and do nothing else.  Usually it's while I'm building.  Mostly TLC,
Nick-at-night and TV-Land.  My current favorite show is Junkyard Wars
on TLC.

     How Strange...  Right now while I'm typing this I'm watching a
show about shoplifting on TLC, and just a second ago they talked about
people shoplifting to feed a habit...they said the magic word... LEGO!
A dude was carrying a stack of large Technic sets out of a store and
they got it on camera... and the guy narrating the whole thing said
something to the effect of," This man just cannot seem to satisfy his
appetite for Lego"

6.  4-wheeling.  I have a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 v6 extended cab.  I enjoy
moderate trails where there is some challenge but little risk of
damaging my truck.  Mud bogging is fun too!

7.  Video games.  I have N64, PSX, SNES, NES, Saturn, and my PC.
Sometimes I play everyday.  Sometimes I go months without touching
them at all.

8.  My 1964 Ford Galaxie 500.  I'm slowly restoring it.

    Those are my main hobbies... I enjoy lots of other things too, but
that's all I could think of.