 People / 1497
Re: Hobbies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:35:39 GMT

Uh...whoa....this is very interesting indeed.  It seems that many of us
have the same sorts of hobbies - well I'll ad my list (sorted time frame
- past, current, future)

PAST - Oooo....lots to list here - and I'm still somewhat interested in
all of them --- I was never REALLY DEEP into any of them I don't think

- Drawing/Painting - (I once thought that I would be in to this pretty
heavy, but haven't done any in a few years)
- Model Railroading - Something that I would _like_ to be doing now but
time/money does not permit
- Quick Basic programming - I'm a fan of computer nostalgia -
- Computer Gaming - I was a super huge Simcity fan right up until about
the 3000 era
- Reading
- LEGO (don't worry, this will be in the next list as well)

CURRENT - Not so many.... - Since moving out into the "real world" a
year and a half ago to start college I've found that my time and budget
has been severly restricted when it comes to hobbies.

- LEGO - although I left all of my old stuff at home for my younger
brother it has always been semi-ongoing and I'm VEEEERRRY slowly
starting to get an all new collection going.
- Bicycling - last spring I got the idea that I would go buy a mountain
bike after having not biked for about 3-4 years and I've found that I
enjoy it tremendously.  Since I'm not quite outfitted for it Canadian
winter has my bike temporarily stored in my room but that should only
last another 2-3 months or so.
- MP3 - well I guess pretty much everyone is in to this jazz now but it
does consume enough of my time that I consider it a hobby
- Computers/Internet - which is almost as big a devil as TV now -
wasting countless hours of my time.

Then after that School/Work/Schoolwork is where all my time goes - 1 1/2
years to go!

FUTURE - if I had a choice I would like to participate in so many
hobbies it's not funny....in fact, I don't even think I can list them
all.....I'm a big fan of hobbies in general so you can pretty much name
it and I'd like to be doing it.

--
-TiM
NB, CA