 People / 1503
Re: Hobbies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 02:44:43 GMT

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:47:21 GMT, Matt Brooks <mbrooks@sonic.net> wrote:
What are some of your hobbies? Outside of Lego?

Well, I used to have hobbies... most of the replies to this thread look
familiar:  programming, video games, Magic the Gathering, pinball, guitar,
comics, snowboarding, rollerblading, programming, overworking, and others.

But then I had a kid...

So for the last two years, my hobbies have been baby-proofing the house,
diaper changing, putting away toys, building MOCs out of Primo and Duplo,
digital photography, Brio, reading kids books outloud, doing big jigsaw
puzzles, going to the zoo, and trying to overwork less.

Fortunately Andre showed an early tendency not to eat Lego and to like
to take the hats off of minifigs, so I was able to do a little Lego
with him, and recently we've been building lots of sets and I've had
time late at night to finally get to the sorting that's been on hold
for two years.  But that's only been recently.

So the next few years look great for Lego... Andre will enjoy building
and playing and we should have a great time.

Except that now we're expecting twins...

Enjoy your hobbies while you can. :-)

  -r'm

Remy Evard / evard@mcs.anl.gov