 Organizations / United States / IndyLUG / *974 (-100)
  Re: New MOCs

(...) Thanks for the comments. I've heard of those series, though I haven't really had much chance to see them. Maybe I'll have to check them out at InConJunction's anime room tis year. John (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: New MOCs

(...) I've always thought of making a yellow robot/mecha for quite a while, as yellow's kinda been one of my favorite Lego colors since I was a kid. My recent purchase of a couple sets of those Throwbot Millenium Robot sets with yellow technic (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: New MOCs

How did you settle on the yellow/trans flouro green color scheme? I also saw a civilian space craft contest entry in that same scheme, only with gray mixed in. I don't know if I like it as much as the Jade Empire look, but then I haven't seen anyone (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: New MOCs

Hey dude. Cool mocs. I like the mecha. It kinda reminds me of the Veritech Logan from Southern Cross Robotech. The pirate ship is cool too and takes me back to the ol' Captain Harlock and Starblazer days. Cheers. Fradel (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG showing at 500 Kids Festival in Indianapolis

(...) Here are my pictures from saturdays event. (URL) turned out well considering it rained on and off again. our layout consisted of a town area with the speedway model. As well as a small space layout on the other side. Our sponsor the KITE corp. (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  IndyLUG showing at 500 Kids Festival in Indianapolis

IndyLUG is exibiting a layout at the 500 Kids Festival on Saturday May 1 on Monument Circle in Indianapolis. The show is from 11 am - 3 pm. Admittance is free. We will be having a Town/Train layout with a replica of the Speedway, and a Moonbase (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Hall of Fame Museum Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Here's a couple of pics of the IMS Hall of Fame Museum for the upcoming show. And the Kite Developement Indy Car. Hope you like them. (URL) D (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick

hey cool, i'm working 12-4 so come on up. i'll be happy to tell you all the little tricks and secrets to packing cups. i'll also have a little extra something to show everybody. ondrew (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick

(...) Sweet. I have a friend (he made it to the MichLUG meeting on Saturday) that may show up as well. Doesn't sound like any other Michigaders will be there though. (...) Sure, only like 30 minutes away. Slightly different selection. If you haven't (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick

(...) After looking at Ondrew's inventory, there is about a 90% chance I will be there (with LEGO friends from Indiana) on the 10th. We'd like to visit the other store, also. (Northbrook?) This time, I'd like to skip the long lunch in the expensive (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick

(...) The trip for me is more reasonable, about a 2hr drive. I probably wouldn't be able to justify making the trip as often as I do, but my wife likes shopping there, so I can get away with it. I will be there on April 10th and there was some talk (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick

(...) I made a trip to the Woodfield store in March. If you're looking for standard LEGO bricks (2x4 brick) they had a very nice assortment of colors. So, their stock was very nice for people who build buildings, or stuff like that. (not me) They (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Chicago Pick-a-Brick

As I mentioned at the last meeting, I will be going up to the LEGO store in Chicago sometime in the end of April or beginning of May. One of the things I plan to get there are rare pieces in the Pick-a-Brick. Ondrew Hartigan, who works there, has (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf MOCs page

(...) Thanks for the comments on the library. Actually, the library was more of a test building, as I plan on building a large courthouse using the library 'format' for the most part, with some different column heads, 2 floors at least, etc. I'll (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickshelf MOCs page

(...) Thanks for the comment on the Mars Flyer. I purposely made the wings long, as the atmosphere's pretty thin on Mars, and it has a vertical thrust propeller in the middle (where the grating is) to help in take-off and landing. I also made a (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf MOCs page

(...) Thanks for the info. I didn't notice that problem till after I posted that messsage & saw that it somehow included the Lugnet address. I'll make sure to use the correct form of link next time. JOhn (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf MOCs page

Whoa, John! Fancy-schmancy library! (URL) like it a lot. The "curls" around the lion heads are particularly nice: (URL) does strike me though, is that whereas usually it takes some work to add *enough* detail to a plain-walled building to make it (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brickshelf MOCs page

(...) Welcome to LUGNET, John. I couldn't reach your site via your link, try (URL) THIS> Also, in your subject line you used the phrase "MOCs page" which made me think of (URL) MOCpages>, another free site where you can link to and organize your (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Brickshelf MOCs page

Hi folks! I only signed up to Lugnet couple months or so ago, but I finally got a digital camera and have posted pictures of my various MOCs on my brickshelf page: <www.brickshelf.com/...=Earthman> There's a variety of different ones, even ones made (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Convention Season is Upon Us

*****Recruiting all fellow Lego gamers, gamemasters, and lurkers****** Castle vs. Space, Space vs. Adventurers, Adventurers vs. Pirates, and Everyone vs Timmy. . The gaming convention season is cranking up. Last year we had a great time at Gencon (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.bloc)

  Re: Tower 1 now completed.

(...) That's an ex-cellent question!!! mark (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Tower 1 now completed.

You listed this white skyscraper as "Tower 1." Does that mean that you're planning on making more? (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Tower 1 now completed.

A beautiful design. I like the idea that it spans a road section, this gives it real character. Overall a fantastic model and I can't wait to see it in person. Once again the bar is raised a lil' higher :) Brian D (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Tower 1 now completed.

The newest building is now finished. Standing at over 4 feet tall Tower 1 is a 17 story skyscraper that traverses a road. Here are a couple of preview pictures: (3 URLs) After moderation see all the pictures at (URL) LMKWYT mark (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  March 14, 2004 meeting minutes

Hi everyone, Steve McDonough (club secretary) was not able to be at the March meeting, so I wrote down the meeting minutes: IndyLUG welcomes new AFOL's Paul Coombs and Eric Bell. Total attendance was: Steve Martin Jeramy Spurgeon Paul Coombs Eric (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Who built these?

(...) the 'natural LEGO enhacement' I was impressed by the disclaimer "not to take anything away from whoever built that Orthanc". This isn't just a hobby, but an unspoken competition to build the biggest Orthanc or suffer the public humiliation of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: IndyLUG's Town/Train layout at Children's Expo

(...) I currently do not have any other pictures up. But I'm working on getting good pictures taken so they can be posted to brickshelf. here are a couple of pictures I found throughout my brickshelf. (URL) Fire Department of Lego Township (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town)

  Re: Who built these?

(...) Hi Bruce!, Yes, I built these creations for our castle layout at the Children's and Parents Expo held here in Indianapolis, Feb 28th-29th. My brickshelf folder can be found here: (URL) can also take better pictures of orthanc, but alas, Mt. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who built these?

(...) lit Palantír in it. (A hush of respect falls over the crowd.) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who built these?

(...) Not to take anything away from whoever built that Orthanc, but WOW, you should see the Orthanc this guy Ersh777 made! (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who built these?

Both of those MOCs are the fine work of Jeramy Spurgeon of IndyLUG fame. I'm not sure about the linking, Jeramy will have to answer that. The castle themed layout he orchastrated this past weekend was outstanding. Check out the Indylug post from (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Who built these?

Hi all, Could someone tell me who built these MOCs? Orthanc: (URL) Doom: (URL) like to link them off my page of Tolkien MOC links: (URL) do they have a specific website or Brickshelf gallery that I could link to? Thanks, Bruce (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: IndyLUG's Town/Train layout at Children's Expo

(...) (Feb. (...) town/train (...) Very nice layout. I would like to know who's responsible for the fire trucks. Are there more pictures of them anywhere? Thanks, Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hassenplug's Connect 4 robot at Child Expo

(...) Just in case people weren't aware, I believe this robot was built for a recent rtlToronto competition. If the idea of C4 robots intrigues you, go read the threads in the rtlToronto group, there were a number of other bots with many different (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Hassenplug's Connect 4 robot at Child Expo

(...) Steve, That is an wonderful idea for a robot. I am very intrigued by the hopper and loading mechanism and look forward to further details. Congrats on a great display. KK Quah (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Hassenplug's Connect 4 robot at Child Expo

(...) A few other people claimed to win, but I was always able to quite their celebrations by showing them the robot had already won (somewhere they didn't see!) I'm still finishing up the web page, where I hope to include some interesting info like (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Hassenplug's Connect 4 robot at Child Expo

really cool :) Can you open it ? (source program, MLCAD design etc ?) nanobapt (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Hassenplug's Connect 4 robot at Child Expo

IndyLUG participated in the Parent & Child Exposition this past weekend (Feb. 28-29) at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Part of our setup included a table with Steve Hassenplug's AWESOME Connect 4 robot. (URL) This robot does everything on its own, (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  IndyLUG's Town/Train layout at Children's Expo

IndyLUG participated in the Parent & Child Exposition this past weekend (Feb. 28-29) at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Part of our setup included a town/train themed layout. The town pictures can be seen on Brickshelf here: (URL) Town layout> after (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

(...) Here are some more pictures of the event. (URL) was tons of fun to do and turned out even better then I hoped. The people who were running the show gave us everything we needed. They put us right in front of the entrance so we were the first (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

(...) Go for it! Make that Moonbase module tonight! Carpe Diem! Go back to the people you gave your trans-neon stuff to and plead temporary insanity! Demand they return it immediately :-) This was a great event for IndyLUG since we had been seaching (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space)

  Re: IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

(...) Thanks for the kind words! IndyLUG started out like many of the clubs doing train shows, however lurking in the shaddows of our club were many closet Spaceheads and Castleheads waiting for the opportunity to be "outted". You can see that they (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space)

  Re: IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

(...) Wow!!! I am not a space-head, but that is one impressive layout! The blacktron module(s) is totally awesome! And some of those other modules and corridors make me wish I wasn't so quick to give away my trans-neon stuff. Congratulations on an (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space)

  Re: IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

(...) wow this is great! What a great event it looked to be, wow. right on. !!! e (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space)

  IndyLUG's Space layout at Children's Expo

IndyLUG participated in the Parent & Child Exposition this past weekend (Feb. 28-29) at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Part of our setup included a space/moonbase themed layout. The space pictures can be seen on Brickshelf here: (URL) Space layout> (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  IndyLUG's medieval layout at Children's Expo

IndyLUG participated in the Parent & Child Exposition this past weekend (Feb. 28-29) at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Part of our setup included a medieval themed layout. All of the medieval pictures can be seen on Brickshelf here: (URL) Medieval (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, FTX)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Mike, Thanks for the encouraging comments. Those darn trans-yellow parts are scarce as hens teeth and although I had quite a few in my personal collection I relied heavily on our old friend ... Mr. Bricklink. I had a ton of fun building the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Now that has got to be one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. I am impressed that is your first space MOC. I guess it helps when you have all those good parts to work with. -Mike Petrucelli (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HtH5J0.pno@lugnet.com... (...) attempt at (...) model (...) No, Matt Chile's Blacktron base is larger. Unfortunately I'm not sure he's ever posted pictures of it. Frank (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: Show. When is it.

(...) <snip> Um not sure what you are saying at all really. I have an area set aside for you that will fit one lg grey baseplate module. If you are saying you have a module with one standard connection and some ships then good deal. The ships should (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Actually, Brian did build such a building as you imagine. The building you see posted is just an elaborate ruse. The actually HQ is in a secret, undisclosed location. Brian doesn't mention it because he doesn't want to be one of those (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: Show. When is it.

Joe, The show is this Sat & Sun. As far as getting in on the show Steve McD is coordinating the moonbase module, so he'll have to answer if there is any room left. I for one have no idea what the rest of your post even means. Is it written in some (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Show. When is it.

When is the show? I have 4 escape shuttle. Think early station module, current station slum escape pod module with 4 completely mismatched pods. 1x Regulation Emergency Space Fighter Corp Unit (SFC-PSP) . "More Muscle than computer controls." 2 Day (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Steven McDonough wrote: Is the rest of your fleet still (...) No Blacktrons were harmed in the making of this space station. There are all nicely packed away awaiting transportation to the show :) (...) I'll move a few (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) That looks fantastic. I knew it would knock my socks off when you requested another baseplate of space on the layout. Is the rest of your fleet still together or did you have to sacrifice them for the base? I don't see all of them anymore. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) You better bring it to Brickfest DC moonbase or we'll hunt you down and put you in the Space Police Lock-Up. [LEGOSet 6955] Awesome. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Hi Steve, I don't think the obelisk would have been much fun to build, however, I you have a good point about the rooftop landings. I don't know you well enough to know if the remark about hamster habitats was tongue in cheek or a put down, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) I think a Blacktron Intelligence agency building should be a completely black cube like office building. All the window's being mirrored smoked glass. A bit like the 2001 obelisk. All take off's and landings being via the rooftop landing (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Brickfest DC '04 is a great idea and I'd love to bring it out. Brian (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Thank you for the kind words, I wasn't sure how this would be accepted since most of the time I just build things for my own enjoyment and don't post them. I put a moonbase corridor connection on the left hand side as viewed. This was built to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

CLUNK!! *bows* (and picks up jaw) Words will not even come close. Dave (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Nice model. I wonder if it qualifies for a world record as "the largest Blacktron model ever created"? :) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) Very cool! Can we hope to see this at Brickfest DC? --Bram (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  Re: BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

(...) WAY TO GO!!!! Wow, that is some serious Blacktron. It's like Blacktron habitrail on sterioids. Are you gonna keep it assembled for a few weeks? Is it Moonbase compliant? --Todd (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space)

  BIA - Blackron Intelligence Agency Preview

Good Morning, Here's a preview of the Blacktron Intelligence Agency for the upcoming moonbase project at the Parent's and Children's Expo. I'm still waiting on a few Bricklink orders to complete some details, but i thought I see what people think. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Bylaws

(...) Aw man, and after I took all the trouble to write this (URL) Consent Form>. (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Bylaws

(...) I have serious objections to allowing minors as members (geez, miss a meeting and look what happens). I am not willing to take the risk of having minors as club members and/or any minor present at the meeting that doesn't have their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Bylaws

I have made some revisions to the bylaws that I wrote. The major differences are: • Besides not being able to hold office, any minor who is a member also cannot vote. • If someone participates in something that IndyLUG, as a club, does outside (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) true, the fastet RECORDED...3 weeks ago mine fell of the shelf in my basement, from 6 feet up. Not as separated as the one at PDX, but a mess nonetheless. Don't know which cat to blame.... Paul (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) That one is going to be hard to top unless someone builds an accelerator or we do it in a higher gravity environment, I'm thinking... :-) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Also the fastest recorded ISD disassembly. ;-) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) Looks like Thomas Garrison was part of the fastest ISD build ever. Cool! (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  What's the Buzz, tell me what's a happ-a-nen!

Good Morning, I just got back late last night and been reading thru all my emails. What's the word on the Kids Expo show? Are we redigning to fit a smaller area? Did you get a chance to grind out all the moonbase layout? I read the minutes so I'm up (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Thomas Garrison at BrickFest PDX... maybe

(...) IIRC, Its the airport designator for the Portland International Airport. Hope that helped. Ben M. PS. I'm anxiously awaiting the transcript from the Q&A. (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Thomas Garrison at BrickFest PDX... maybe

I just saw this picture on the Brickfest website: (URL) At the top left of the picture, it appears to be Thomas Garrison standing there. I can't be sure that it's him, but he lives out there now, so it's highly likely. David "Fuzzy" Gregory (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Meeting on Sunday

(...) Never mind, then. (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Meeting on Sunday

I hate to break the news to you, but we had the February meeting last Sunday at Steve Martin's barn. Steve McDonough posted the meeting minutes in the Yahoo newsgroup. There were at least 2 people I know of (Brian Alano and Brian Darrow) who (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Meeting on Sunday

I know this is late notice, but with our latest addition last Tuesday, I've been a bit tied up. Based on a decision made at the January meeting, the February meeting will be held this Sunday (tomorrow) at my house, starting at 2 pm. Feel free to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Castle Helpers?????

(...) I can provide that Wizard House I made - it's on a flat river baseplate, so you could add it to your river. I also have the classic sets Black Falcon's Fortress & Royal Drawbridge if you'd like to use them in the Castle area. John (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Classic Space I have so far

Here are the Classic Space sets that I put together at my parents' house this past Sunday: [LEGOSet 6894] [LEGOSet 6926] [LEGOSet 6933] I plan on putting these together before the Children's Expo: [LEGOSet 6941] [LEGOSet 6876] [LEGOSet 6954] (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: Castle Helpers?????

(...) Well I can send my army forth in your kingdoms time of need, small though it is. I'm pretty tapped when it comes to materials for structures having used most of them up with the moonbase and town buildings I have. I may be able to make a siege (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Castle Helpers?????

Seems like Steve is doing a fantastic job of assembling the space layout. I need help with the castle layout! So far, only david has said he will contribute anything to the castle side. I too, would like to know what we will be able to do before the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: I have 2 extra 4400 Red Tubs

This post is to let everyone know that the 2 red tubs have been spoken for. (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: More Classic SpaceShips

(...) I think we should try to test the moonbase together to work out some of the bugs that will inevitibly occur. It will help me on layout and give me a chance to hear other peoples opinions. I really don't care if we do it at the barn on the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: More Classic SpaceShips

(...) One of the nice things about space layouts is that they're usually easier to put together than town or castle layouts. I think it would be a good idea to try and set up the moonbase at the February meeting. That way we can get a better idea of (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  More Classic SpaceShips

Steve and friends, I love your moonbase .jpg! Now that's going to blow people away at the show. I assembled a few more (23) Classic Space sets just for the fun of it. (URL) it be a good idea to have everyone bring their space model (or what they (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo

(...) Sire, you wish is my command ;-) You must have been reading my mind ... I had so much fun building up the first group of sets that I spent my lunch break pulling out a second group of sets to build up this weekend, and wouldn't you know it (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  I have 2 extra 4400 Red Tubs

My local KB toys got a few more of the 4400 red tubs in. That's the one with all the weird colors that I brought to the December meeting. I have 2 extra tubs if anyone wants them. They were on sale, so they're only $16 a piece. The first 2 people (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo

(...) If Brian D. doesn't have the Solar Power Transporter, (yeah, right) I do. Mine is used, but it's only missing 4 or 5 small pieces. I can also bring some Blacktron ships (my favorite Space subtheme). If you have any other requests for certain (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo

(...) Outstanding! I got giddy just looking at the pictures. I can't wait to put this display together. I have never seen some of these ships in person so I'm excited just to see some of them. I have a request for a set to be built if you have it, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo

You guys have me so outclasse4d when it comes to Lego....I haven't got a 10th that much space stuff.. Starwars included... man... [SNIP] (...) Joe Greene UNIX Systems, Network and IT Specialist a.k.a. Guesseppi Piegatura di Carta If you aren't (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo

I spent the last couple of days converting the Airport to a SpacePort and then building up some Classic Space sets. The basic spaceport sets on 6 grey 48x48 baseplates. It's kind of a work in progress and can be made to fit whatever layout design (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

Here's the pics of the show I promised: (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: February Show

Yes, the cryogenic module is still together. I'm planning on improving the roof though. Remember how we got all our modules together at that meeting, and I said that mine wouldn't fit quite right because it wasn't built to the new higher moonbase (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: February Show

(...) Is your cryogenic module still available? I would like to have as many modules as possible and I haven't gotten a huge reply from most of the club. If you make the yellow building into a module I'll even take that(Just add some radar dishes (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

(...) Last May the NGLTC, GFLTC and MSLTC did a combined layout at the SER NMRA convention in Chattanooga Tenn., and we were very well recieved. Actually the SER committee seeked us out for the show, and promoted heavly in there print and TV ads (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  February Show

Going by the pattern of my work schedule, it looks like I will be off on February 28 & 29 and thus able to participate in the show. I can bring anything that I had at the January GATS except the yellow building. (I know, what a heartbreak) I would (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  IndyLUG at NMRA District Show

Wow what a fantastic event! Five of us set up a small 7 x 27 baseplate layout at the Cintral Indiana District meeting of the NMRA. Jeramy Spurgeon, Mark Peterson, Chayme Higgins, Andrew Matlock and Brian Darrow. I know several of the members took (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Banner Idea

I just drove by a sign shop here in Lafayette this very day to check on some prices too. Unfortunately, they appear to have shut down their store, so thank you Mark for getting this info. David (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Banner Idea

(...) I just talked to a couple of sign places and here are the prices 1st place (is actually cheaper) 24" wide banner with logo is $24 a foot/without logo it is $18 a foot 18" wide banner with logo is $21 a foot/without logo it is $14-15 a foot 2nd (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact