Re: IndyLUG at NMRA District Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:45:37 GMT

Here's the pics of the show I promised:

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
Wow what a fantastic event!  Five of us set up a small 7 x 27 baseplate layout
at the Cintral Indiana District meeting of the NMRA.  Jeramy Spurgeon, Mark
Peterson, Chayme Higgins, Andrew Matlock and Brian Darrow. I know several of the
members took some pics and hopefully they will have those on brickshelf shortly
so everyone can get a look at what we were able to accomplish.

We set up the entire layout in roughly 2.5 hours and took it down in about 45
minutes using our new 2 x 3 modular baseplates.

We had two running train loops and and one monorail loop. Although much smaller
than the GATS we normally do this was a lot of fun and a real challenge for the
five of us that participated.  It was also very rewarding to talk to some of the
hard core model railroaders, they were really open to what we do.  They had a
sincere interest in how LEGO trains work and how we organize our shows.

Has anyone else in the community done one of these NMRA events and how were you
received?

Brian D